Deciding which overseas workers have dismissal protection in the UK
- THE LEGAL IN/SECURITY OF TEMPORARY MIGRANT AGRICULTURAL WORK: CASE STUDIES FROM CANADA AND AUSTRALIA. NEWMAN, ANDREW // Deakin Law Review;2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p361
Despite differing labour law systems and program structures, temporary migrant agricultural workers under the Canadian Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program and Australian Seasonal Worker Program often possess minimal security of employment rights and protections, despite potentially lengthy...
- Managing in China: Expatriate experiences and training recommendations. Weiss, Joseph W.; Bloom, Stanley // Business Horizons;May/Jun90, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p23
Discusses the challenges and stress experienced by expatriates working in China. Specific living and working difficulties; Opportunities in China for American and Western employees; Selection and training of employees for China assignment; Recommendations for multinational companies in China.
- CLEO's Working Overseas guide. Savage, James // Cleo;Nov2004, Issue 385, p153
Focuses on the experiences of foreign Australian workers in England, France, Italy and the U.S. Reflections of a journalist from her stay in London; Efforts of a magazine editor to find a job in the U.S.; Problems encountered by an overseas domestic worker in Paris; Advice for people who desire...
- Labour Migration to Hong Kong. Skeldon, Ronald // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Nov95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p201
This article examines two very different types of migration to Hong Kong: the movements from China and the movements of contract labour. These migrations are considered within the context of the structural change in the Hong Kong economy from an entrepÃ´t, through its development into a major...
- See How They WANDER. Power, Carla; Klee, Kenneth // Bulletin with Newsweek;07/25/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6234, p80
Focuses on the increasing demand for skilled immigrants to work in the information technology sector in foreign countries. Account on the global shortage of technology workers; Efforts of the United States in increasing the number of high technology immigrants; Impact of immigration laws on the...
- The Right Way to Bring Expats Home. Klaff, Leslie Gross // Workforce (10928332);Jul2002, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p40
Presents tips on retaining repatriates after working overseas. Reasons behind the decision of repatriates to leave the company after an overseas work; Information on a repatriation program; Cost of an effective repatriation program; Details of a survey conducted by the 'Global Relocation...
- Ten Tips on Managing a Successful Repatriation Program. Klaff, Leslie Gross // Workforce (10928332);Jul2002, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p42
Presents tips on managing a repatriation program. Advice on sending the right people broad; Need to define the expat's career goals before the overseas assignment begins; Creation of a mentor program; Importance of providing support to the entire family.
- Who Knows What's Right? Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/12/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p6
The author comments on the increase of illegal migrant workers in the U.S.
- The fading charms of foreign fields. Brown, Malcolm // Management Today;Aug1994, p48
Reports on the causes of a change in attitude among expatriate workers. Traditional employers cutback on overseas postings; Expatriates return to find organizations which have changed beyond recognition while they were away; Companies' reassessment of the need for expatriates; Evidence that...