Mind your language
- OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS. CASSANO, ERIK // Smart Business Cleveland;Aug2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p60
The article details how Marc Graham, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of AAMCO Transmissions Inc., diversified the company's business with the participation of his employees. It discusses the strategies used by Graham to address the challenge of converting AAMCO into a full-service...
- RECYCLING IDEAS. laWell, Carolyn // Smart Business Pittsburgh;Jan2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses how Liberty Tire Recycling LLC Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jeffrey Kendall gets his employees to help identify and implement their company's best practices in the U.S. It states that employee involvement in decision-making processes with the company and its operations can...
- A captain's attitude can keep a company ship-shape. Wilkins, Bill // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p11
Comments on the role of chief executive officers to the success of business enterprises in the U.S. Need for standard in corporate governance; Accountability for the performance of company; Combination of ethical behavior and technical skills.
- TELLING STORIES. Lewis, Carol // Management Today;Feb2001, p66
Focuses on issues related to the success of chief executive officers in United States. Postponement of executive retirement; Involvement in different public deals across the world; Celebration of success and recognition of global business.
- CEO secrets. // Network World;4/24/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p88
The article presents the Network World 200 list of CEO and their techniques towards success in business in the U.S. These CEO include Don Peterson of Avaya Inc., Scott Kriens of Juniper Networks Inc. Jack Messman of Novell Inc., Bobby Johnson of Foundry Networks Inc., Patrick Lo of Netgear Inc....
- Seek feedback at your own risk. // Executive Leadership;Feb2014, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p2
The article presents a discussion of soliciting feedback from the chief executive officers, adapted from the article "Don't ask for feedback unless you want it" by Ron Ashkenas.
- Secrets of Sergio's Success. McElroy, John // Ward's Dealer Business;Feb2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p48
The article offers the author's perspective on the factors that contributed to the success of Chrysler Group LLC led by its chief executive officer (CEO) Sergio Marchionne. The author emphasizes two secrets of Marchionne's success including the ability to cut through complexity and set priority,...
- CULTURE CLASHES. Grayson, Mary // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;May2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on undertaking a major corporate cultural change initiative. Why chief executive officers end up undermining their own cultural revolutions; Behaviors that need to be avoided to become the employer of choice; Levels of dealing with people.
- Why CEOs should be a brand's best friend. Smith, Craig // Marketing (00253650);9/23/1999, p22
Examines the correlation between a customer-focused, marketing-literate chief executive officer and a successful company. High profile CEOs who possess such qualities; Skills that set these brand focused CEOs apart from the thousands that hold the title; Comparison between American and British...