DoH reviews consultants' bonuses
- Poor old Britain. Smith, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7035, p915
Criticizes the response of the British Department of Health on the problems of the National Health Service (NHS). Financial difficulties of the NHS; Inability to cope with the rising demand for medical services; Comment on the manner on how funds are appropriated in different departments in...
- A history of private sector involvement in the NHS. // PFI Report;Feb2002, Issue 60, p21
Presents information on the history of private sector involvement in the National Health Service of Great Britain. Introduction of Ryrie rules in 1979; Launch of the private finance initiative in 1992; Establishment of a Private Finance Unit in the Department of Health in 1993; Details of an...
- What future for the Department of Health? Klein, Rodulf // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/8/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6750, p481
Focuses on the future of the Department of Health in Great Britain. Role of the executive and the department of the agency; Creation of the management board with independent function; Responsibility of the management executive in the National Health Services.
- DH accepts argument for preserving GP deaneries. // Pulse;1/18/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the acceptance of Great Britain Department of Health (DH) on the recommendation from the National Health Service (NHS) that grants the preservation of general practitioner (GP) deaneries.
- Independent Nurse: Provider split delay leaves nurses in limbo. // GP: General Practitioner;9/4/2009, p4
The article reports that Great Britain Department of Health (DoH) has dismissed its deadline for primary care trusts (PCTs) to decide future plans for the provider arms.
- DH will 'straighten out' PCT debt. Quinn, Ian // Pulse;11/24/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 36, p2
The article reports on the move of Great Britain's Department of Health in straightening out the issue concerning the Primary Care Trust (PCT) debts.
- Local pay offers for consultants. Durham, Neil // GP: General Practitioner;1/13/2003, p12
Reports that National Health Service trusts in Great Britain are awaiting approval from the Department of Health to introduce local pay deals for hospital doctors. Suggestion of Paul Miller, chairman of consultants' committee of the British Medical Association regarding the introduction of...
- Trust body slams `loss of power'. // Public Finance;2/3/95, p5
Reports on the National Health Service's (NHS) Trust Federation's accusation against the health department of weakening trust powers. Delegated capital limit coverage for all NHS trusts; Changes announced by the NHS Executive to the capital approval process in 1994; Implications of the changes...
- An inspector calls. Walker, David // Public Finance;5/6/94, p7
Examines the need for a reorganization of Britain's Department of Health. Analysis of the political and social implication of inspections of government departments; Description of the structure of Britain's National Health Service.
- Warm welcome for...1.3bn deals. // Public Finance;07/18/97, p21
Describes the response to the health department's National Health Service projects in Great Britain. Start of construction projects.