Talent war fuels employer branding
- The Right Fit. Mycek, Shari // Trustee;Sep2000, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p12
Provides guidelines on how to recruit corporate board members. How to assemble a board development team; Details on the assessment on the needs of the organization; Importance of creating job description.
- On the move. Doke, DeeDee // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p33
Presents news items related to the appointment of human resource (HR) executives by companies in Great Britain. Recruitment of Daniel Kasmir by recruitment company Manpower; Appointment of Ronnie Clawson as HR director at the Peabody Trust housing association; Selection of Andrew Constable by...
- CAREERS: COMMENT. Turinas, Adam // Marketing (00253650);9/13/2001, p58
Provides tips to traditional companies on how to recruit and retain successful young executives. Understanding of the needs of the executives; Decline of the so-called 'New Economy'; Use of recruitment consultancies to locate the executives.
- Secrets of a Corporate Headhunter. Carroll, Jim // Workforce;Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p195
Provides tips on executive recruiting. How to take the initiative when a recruiting crisis develops; How to deal with the challenges of recruiting; Important issues to consider when dealing with competitions in the industry.
- On the move. // Personnel Today;1/28/2003, p28
Reports on appointments and selections of several executives related to the field of personnel management in Great Britain. Selection of Nigel Sullivan as group human resource (HR) management director of supply chain solutions firm Wincanton Corp.; Appointment of Keir Lynch as HR director of...
- Job-Hunting Tips For Executives. Cicarelli, James // Management Review;Jun91, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p39
Suggests tips in job hunting for executives. Challenges facing executives looking for jobs; Considerations of employers when hiring an executive; Importance on focusing on achievements; Preparation of cover letter and resume.
- Tracking corporate tigers in the seventies. Walker, James W. // Management Review;May73, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p41
Discusses human resource management strategies pertaining to the advancement and development of potential executives in the United States during the 1970s. Reasons cited why most fast-track manpower-planning programs are ineffective; Selection of individuals based on a thorough review of...
- People are most important. Sharf, Stephan // Ward's Auto World;Jan95, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p13
Opinion. Comments on the trend among American corporations towards the appointment of outside people to top positions. Indication that chief executive officers (CEOs) and board of directors do not have confidence in their personnel; Role of the CEO; Risk in hiring from the outside.
- Hire the best. Greco, Susan // Inc.;Jun99, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p32
Discusses ways to recruit and attract top executives. Information on several executives; Employee motivations; Comparison of the appraoch of small and large businesses; Bonus plans.