Crossrail promises it will leave a skills legacy
- What Lies Beneath: Excavating Crossrail's tunnels. Nathan, Stuart // Engineer (Online Edition);4/2/2012, p6
The article reports on the start of the tunnel excavation, a phase of the Crossrail line project in London, England. Crossrail aims to link the commuter areas to the East and West of the capital to major transport and business hubs. The start of the excavation is believed to be the beginning of...
- Crossrail signs logistics deal with DHL Exel Supply Chain. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Feb2009, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the selection of DHL Exel Supply Chain by Crossrail as its new logistics partner in a bid to minimise any disruption caused by construction projects in central London, England. The terms of the deal require DHL to conduct a logistics study aimed at identifying the most...
- A HARD MAN TO LOSE. // Building Design;1/21/2011, Issue 1948, p24
The article focuses on the resignation of chief executive officer (CEO) Rob Holden at Crossrail. It mentions that Holden was appointed to Crossrail in April 2009, after winning widespread acclaim for his management of the Channel Tunnel Rail Link construction. It adds that Holden resigns because...
- Crossrail unveils new station to the public. // Mining Engineering;Sep2013, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p16
The article discusses the unveiling of the transformed Paddington station of the Crossrail transport route in London, England. Topics covered include the investment involved in improving the space around the Crossrail stations, Crossrail's upgrading plans for different stations, and the...
- Apprenticeship and Training Requirements. // Professional Services Bulletin;Apr2014, Vol. 197, p15
Information regarding the requirements for training and apprenticeship programs for all on-site construction activities approved and registered with the U.S. Department of labor's Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training.
- IN BRIEF. // Rail Business Intelligence;11/29/2007, Issue 307, p2
The article offers news briefs related to railroad companies in Great Britain. Miller Argent Ltd. launched its 15-year coal extraction and land reclamation project southeast of Merthyr Tydfil, Wales. Transport Secretary Ruth Kelly confirmed that Department for Transport (DfT) and Transport for...
- PHILOSOPHY OF RESPECT. McHATTON, BARBARA // Manufacturing Today;Fall2010, p92
The article features industrial construction fabrication firm G.A. West & Co. of Chunchula, Alabama. Sales manager Randy Rowe asserts that G.A. West is the only firm providing all services from site clearing to plant startup in the area. The firm, with 20 years' experience, has reportedly...
- Tender documents set out Crossrail's requirements. // Engineer (Online Edition);3/2/2012, p4
The article reveals that tender documents have been released that set out the requirements of Crossrail for new high-capacity rolling stock and associated depot at Old Oak Common in 2012.
- Wider remit demands change for the better. // Engineer (00137758);4/4/2012, Vol. 296 Issue 7837, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including developments in Crossrail AG, Big Project feature and shifting technology.