UK Avon lady with Â£1m and 8,000 employees
- Beauty is in the wallet of a redundant printer. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/30/2009, p57
The article features Debbie Davis, a successful businesswoman of Avon products and former employee in a printing factory. As of October 2009, Davis is earning upwards of 250,000 British pounds annually and has been recognized as Great Britain's top Avon Lady. Davis heads a team of 2,500 sales...
- Avon Net Up 16% in Quarter. Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/3/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 93, p4
Reports on an increase in the first quarter sales of Avon Products Inc. in 2005. Information on the net earnings the company during the period; Decline in beauty sales in the U.S.; Expansion of Avon in China.
- Avon calling at department stores. Zappier, Alicia // Drug Store News;10/16/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p35
Presents information on the plan of the company Avon Products to launch its beauty and health product line in several department stores including Sears, Roebuck & Co. and J.C. Penney Co. Reasons for offering their products in department stores after years of door-to-door marketing strategy;...
- Apply Carefully. Moreno, Katarzyna // Forbes Global;9/6/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p25
Focuses on the problem facing Avon, a cosmetic company based in the U.S., in its operations in Poland. Sales performance of the company between 1999 and 2003 in the country; Allegations of falsifying sales records to increase sales committed by the company's sales personnel; Irregularities on...
- The A List. Tell, Caroline // Time;Spring2006 Special E, Vol. 167, p24
This article presents a list of the best selling cosmetics, in different locations around the world. Included are Bobby Brown smudge-proof eyeliner in Aspen, Colorado, Revlon lipstick in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Avon glimmersticks in Dallas, Texas, Max Factor lip gloss in Taipei, Taiwan, and...
- Avon, Revlon Earnings Rise, Firms Loosening Advertising Purse Strings. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/30/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 21, p5
The article presents information on the increased spending for advertising by the beauty industry. Revlon Inc. and Avon Products Inc. are reported to have increased allocation for advertising to capture the consumers mind share. Alan Ennis, chief executive officer of Revlon, mentioned that...
- Page-Turner. Matusow, Jamie // Beauty Packaging;Jul2010, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses how an innovative packaging influences the success of the cosmetic industry. It reveals the possibility that innovative packaging of products specially the beauty products alters categories. It cites the boom of global skin care which in turn gives new vitality to the...
- Avon calling! // DCI;Mar1996, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p99
Reports that Avon Products is launching an advertising campaign on women referred to as `Just Another Avon Lady.' Description.
- Avon brushes off Westchester. Duby, Chris // Westchester County Business Journal;8/14/95, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p2
Reports on Avon Products Inc.'s continued operation in Manhattan, New York. New York City Economic Development Corp.'s incentive package to Avon; Benefits from Avon's transfer of office; Avon's level of employees.