Ipsa staff suffer the wrath of MPs
- Name-calling. Brasher, Stephen // New Statesman;4/18/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 5049, p59
The article notes briefly the lineage of John Pollexfen Bastard who was a member of Great Britain's Parliament in 1783.
- Tory horror at IFA in-fighting. Blackmore, Nicole // Money Marketing;8/5/2010, p3
The article reports on the statement of Centre for Policy Studies research fellow Michael Johnson on the appalled reaction of the Great Britain senior conservative member of the parliaments on the in-fighting and lack of focus within the Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) sector.
- Expenses excuses. // New Statesman;10/19/2009, Vol. 138 Issue 4971, p14
The article lists five excuses offered by British members of parliament to defend the abuse of their government-paid expense accounts. Members mentioned include Stewart Jackson, Andrew MacKay and Jack Straw.
- The journal of Lynton Charles MP. Charles, Lynton // New Statesman;7/19/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4293, p8
Presents the author's views about the salaries of Members of Parliament. Division list; Convictions and expressions of solidarity.
- Diary of a parliamentary intern. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;12/5/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 22, pii
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working as a parliamentary intern in the British Parliament.
- OBITUARIES. // Motor Transport;4/24/2008, p6
The article presents obituaries for notable people including veteran British Labour Member of Parliament (MP) Gwyneth Dunwoody and former Traffic Commissioner John Pugh.
- The `Leaven in the Lump' Bishops in the House of Lords. Nash, Michael L. // Contemporary Review;Apr99, Vol. 274 Issue 1599, p196
Comments on the position of bishops in the second chamber of Great Britain's Parliament. Background of the issue; Influence of the bishops, abbots and priors in the Middle Ages; Political importance of bishops after the Restoration; Arguments for the representation of spiritual interest in the...
- Mo's big moment. Rogers, Patrick; Biddle, Nina // People;11/17/97, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p245
Profiles Marjorie Mowlam, a member of the British Parliament. Health; Her efforts to bring a peaceful resolution to tension between England and Ireland; Background; Comments.
- SOAP BOX. Lehal, John // PRWeek (London);4/15/2011, p7
In this article, the author criticizes the performances of the new members of Parliaments (MP) in Great Britain, in which he claims that the quality of parliamentary debates has declined and that the MP on standing committees have no knowledge of procedures or issues.