Tube strikes 'could trigger wider unrest.'
- Transport strike brings out silliness. Steel, Mark // Green Left Weekly;10/13/2010, Issue 856, p15
The article reports on the events during the transport strike headed by the transport unions that call for increased safety levels of trains at London Underground in London, England.
- Looking Back at the SEPTA Transit Strike. Cimini, Michael H. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Winter98, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p18
Examines the 1998 strike of the Southeastern Pennyslvania Transit Authority (SEPTA) and the Transport Workers Union (TWU). Terms of the settlement between the parties; Debate on work rules and terms of contract; Agreement on the issue of compensation.
- As Philadelphia's transit strike continues. Mutch, David; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 89, p2
Reports the strike by the Transport Workers Union in Philadelphia and the frustration of the people with transit workers.
- SHELL DRIVER STRIKE? // Truck & Driver;Jan2004, p9
The Great Britain-based Transport and General Workers' Union has vowed to ballot almost 500 Shell tanker drivers about a strike over pensions as it says some drivers could lose out on their scheme.
- TAXI DRIVERS WILL STRIKE AGAIN OVER CARD READERS. // CardLine;10/5/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p26
The article reports on the decision of the New York Taxi Workers Alliance to hold a 24-hour strike on October 22, 2007. The Alliance represents more than 8,000 drivers of the 44,000 licensed cabbies in the city. It is protesting the city's requirement that credit card readers be installed in all...
- Tube strike drives media nuts. // Green Left Weekly;2/19/2014, Issue 997, p16
The article presents media response to rail strikes in London, England in early February 2014. Topics of discussion included were involvement of the National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers in industrial action against proposed job cuts, London Underground dispute and campaigns by...
- Teamster action hot on heels of Hoffa victory. // Transportation & Distribution;Jan99, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the strikes waged by teamsters in the United States after the victory of James P. Hoffa as president of the Teamsters union. Strike waged by employees of ANDR Advance Transportation company; Information on the National Master Freight Agreement; Strike waged by employees of UPS in...
- CASE NO. 2838: Report in which the Committee requests to be kept informed of developments: THE COMMITTEE'S RECOMMENDATIONS. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2011, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p293
The article discusses the Committee on Freedom of Association's recommendations for approval by the Governing Body. The Committee requests the Greek Government to take necessary steps to ensure that any determination on the minimum service to be made available in the event of a strike results...
- RMT response awaited. // Rail Business Intelligence;5/13/2004, Issue 221, p4
Reports on the anticipation of the announcement of the result of the National Union of Rail, Maritime, and Transport Workers strike ballot over the pay offer from Network Rail. Number of staff who participated in the survey; Reason behind the need for different ballots in strike balloting;...