Is higher productivity possible in the Caribbean?
- Spatializing commodity chains. Leslie, Deborah; Reimer, Suzanne // Progress in Human Geography;Sep99, Vol. 23 Issue 3
Focuses on the importance of spatiality in commodity chains. Correlation between production and consumption; Identification of distinct approaches in dealing with commodity chains; Comparison between the advantages of using vertical and horizontal approach.
- Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul2005, p87
Provides information about coal in the U.S. as June 2005. Total coal production; Amount of coal consumed by the electric power sector in April 2005; Number of coal exports in May 2005.
- Globalization and World Consumption: An Ethical Theological Discourse. Kim, Grace Ji-Sun // Forum on Public Policy: A Journal of the Oxford Round Table;2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 3, Special section p1
A problem currently challenging the Western world is the call to fulfill the old adage "how to live in this world so others can also live." We have created a disastrous situation by consuming too much and more than is necessary. As we live in a postcolonial and a globalized society that...
- From Consumer Problems to Consumer Anomie. Ilmonen, Kaj // Journal of Consumer Policy;1987, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p25
Examines the problem of how to combine the symbolic and functional dimensions of a commodity in consumer choice in Europe. Complexity of the functional aspects of commodities; Differentiation of consumption and production; Problems of consumption; Significance of consumption in the society;...
- The Age of Consumer Capitalism. Cerni, Paula // Cultural Logic: An Electronic Journal of Marxist Theory & Practi;2007, Vol. 10, p1
An essay is presented on consumption and contemporary capitalism. The author believes that the consumption of commodities is what the renewed interest in the commodity concerns mainly. She indicates that in this essay, she examines commodity as a one-sided object of consumption and explores how...
- The limit theorem on the core of a production economy in vector lattices with unordered preferences. Tourky, Rabee // Economic Theory;1999, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p219
Summary. We prove Aliprantis, Brown, and Burkinshaw's (1987) theorem on the equivalence of Edgeworth production equilibria and pseudo-equilibria in a more general setting. We consider production economies with unordered preferences and general consumption sets in a vector lattice commodity...
- Rekindling desire. Unwin, Stephen J. // Advertising Age;2/25/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p16
The article argues for the need for advertising to generate excitement for products instead of just focusing on entertaining consumers. Analysts has emphasized the neglect of consumer desire in advertising and highlighted the function of advertising in speeding up mass consumption to balance...
- Discussions on n Substitutable Goods Production and Consumption. Ioan, Catalin Angelo; Ioan, Gina // Acta Universitatis Danubius: Oeconomica;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p168
The analysis takes into account the issue of production of n consumer goods whose destination is either the mass of workers who have contributed to them or third parties such as social categories, the directly unproductive or abroad. In the analysis, we considered, for simplicity, utility and...
- Industry Statistics At A Glance. // Paperboard Packaging;Oct2001, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p60
Presents statistics on the shipments, production, consumption and inventory of the paperboard and containerboard industries in the United States in August 2001.