Hypotension and bradycardia associated with concomitant tizanidine and lisinopril therapy
- Impact of High-Dose ACE Inhibitors on CHF Treatment. Miller, Karl E. // American Family Physician;7/1/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p164
Discusses research being done on the impact of high-dose versus standard-dose angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors on the mortality, morbidity and clinical status of patients with congestive heart failure. Reference to study by J.N. Nanas and colleagues, published in the December 2000 issue...
- Enalapril Prevents Clinical Proteinuria in Diabetic Patients With Low Ejection Fraction. Capes, Sarah E.; Gerstein, Hertzel C.; Negassa, Abdissa; Yusuf, Salim // Diabetes Care;Mar2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p377
Presents a study which determined the prevalence of proteinuria at baseline and the effect of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors in preventing proteinuria in patients with congestive heart failure. Methodology; Results and discussion; Conclusions.
- Metastatic Malignant Melanoma Presenting as Congestive Heart Failure: Diagnosis by Transoesophageal Echocardiography. Schneider, B; Zienkiewicz, T // European Journal of Echocardiography;2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p168
The article presents a case study of a 58-year-old man with congestive heart failure, which requires mechanical ventilation. He has a history of arterial hypertension that is controlled using diuretics, and angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. He underwent left ventriculography and...
- Heart failure patients may need higher doses of ACE inhibitors. // Modern Medicine;Dec98, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p27
Presents an abstract of the study `Impact of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor underdosing on rehospitalization rates in congestive heart failure,' by A. B. Luzier, A. Forrest, M. Adelman, et al., which appeared in the `American Journal of Cardiology,' dated August 15, 1998.
- Pharmacogenetic Risk Stratification in Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitor-Treated Patients with Congestive Heart Failure: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Nelveg-Kristensen, Karl Emil; Busk Madsen, Majbritt; Torp-Pedersen, Christian; Køber, Lars; Egfjord, Martin; Berg Rasmussen, Henrik; Riis Hansen, Peter // PLoS ONE;12/3/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p1
Background: Evidence for pharmacogenetic risk stratification of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) treatment is limited. Therefore, in a cohort of ACEI-treated patients with congestive heart failure (CHF), we investigated the predictive value of two pharmacogenetic scores that...
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and its comorbidities. Rabinovich, Roberto A.; MacNee, William // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Mar2011, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p137
The article reviews several studies on the prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and its complications due to systemic consequences and comorbidities. It highlights the pathogenic mechanisms due to cigarette smoking, and the clinical features of the systemic consequences of...
- Omeprazole, Hypergastrinemia, and Gastric Carcinoid Tumors. Freston, James W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/1/94, Vol. 121 Issue 3, p232
Focuses on the long term management of reflux esophagitis. Reason for the reluctance to treat reflux esophagitis patients with omeprazole; Occurrence of gastric anterochromatlin-like cell carcinoid tumors in patients with massive hypergastrinemia; Development of Zollinger-Ellison sundrome in...
- Esomeprazole (40 mg) compared with lansoprazole (30 mg) in the treatment of erosive esophagitis. Castell, Donald O.; Kahrilas, Peter J.; Richter, Joel E.; Vakil, Nimish B.; Johnson, David A.; Zuckerman, Seth; Skammer, Wendy; Levine, Jeffrey G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2002, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p575
OBJECTIVES:Esomeprazole, the S isomer of omeprazole, has been shown to have higher healing rates of erosive esophagitis than omeprazole. This study compared esomeprazole with lansoprazole for the healing of erosive esophagitis and resolution of heartburn.METHODS:This United States multicenter,...
- Is omeprazole helpful in the management of children with reflux oesophagitis? Varughese, Lizy A.; Mazur, Lynnette J. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jul2002, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p78
Investigates the effectiveness of omeprazole in the management of children with reflux esophagitis. Five studies addressing clinical outcomes revealing improvement in the patients' symptoms; Relapse rates.