- University of Phoenix promotes three. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/02/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p17
Reports the promotion of several Utahns at the University of Phoenix in the United States.
- Part-Time Faculty in Academic Medicine: Present Status and Future Challenges. Levinson, Wendy; Kaufman, Karen; Bickel, Janet // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/1/93, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p220
Determines the number, personal and professional characteristics and attitudes of part-time medicine faculty. Impact of the changing demographics of the medical work force on the growth of flexible academic career paths; Average work hours reported by part-time women faculty; Median time...
- Mistreatment of university students most common during medical studies. Rautio, Arja; Sunnari, Vappu; Nuutinen, Matti; Laitala, Marja // BMC Medical Education;2005, Vol. 5, p36
Background: This study concerns the occurrence of various forms of mistreatment by staff and fellow students experienced by students in the Faculty of Medicine and the other four faculties of the University of Oulu, Finland. Methods: A questionnaire with 51 questions on various forms of physical...
- Revitalization of Academic Medicine in Albania. Roshi, Enver; Burazeri, Genc // Croatian Medical Journal;2005, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p10
The Faculty of Medicine in Tirana, the only institution providing medical training in Albania, has currently developed three separate branches of study, General Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy. Since the early 1990s, following the collapse of the communist regime, many faculty members have...
- Mentoring and career development among university faculty. Perna, Frank M.; Lerner, Bart M. // Journal of Education;1995, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p31
Examines research relating to mentoring and university faculty career development. Variations of mentoring relationships (MR); Cross-race mentoring experiences.
- The Faculty Raiders. // Time;1/12/1962, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p36
The article announces the appointment of Chemist William Bradley as one of the faculty members at the at the University of Texas.
- Academia: A rewarding and critically important career path. Cobaugh, Daniel J. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/1/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p1204
Reports that a faculty appointment at a college or school of pharmacy is one of the most rewarding career opportunities available to pharmacists who have completed a residency, fellowship or graduate degree. Importance of an academic career; Responsibilities of pharmacy faculty.
- Career, Culture, and Compromise: Career Development Experiences of Latinas Working in Higher... Hernandez, Thomas J.; Morales, Nestor Enrique // Career Development Quarterly;Sep99, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p45
Presents a study which investigated the career development experiences of Latinas employed in counseling and faculty positions in higher education. Purpose of the study; Methods used; Results.
- Developing Faculty Development Programs: A View From the Chair. Reich, Jill N. // Journal of Counseling & Development;May/Jun94, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p511
The author describes a programmatic model of faculty development that can provide a framework for many of the activities and programs described in this special feature of the Journal of Counseling & Development. Building such an organizing structure around specific program activities can help a...