Ulipristal approved for emergency contraception
- ella: emergency contraceptive. // Nurse Practitioners Prescribing Reference;Winter2010/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 4, pA.20
The article reports on the approval of ella ulipristal acetate tablet from Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. for the prevention of pregnancy after an unprotected intercourse or suspected contraceptive failure.
- OB/GYN. // MPR - Pharmacist's Edition;Summer2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p224
The article offers information on the literature of several drugs related to reproductive health. It notes Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s Ella, a progesterone agonist/antagonist drug, which is indicated for the prevention of pregnancy. It mentions Merck & Co. Inc.'s Nuvaring, a hormonal vaginal...
- OB/GYN: 13A Contraception. // MPR - Pharmacist's Edition;Fall2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p214
The article offers information on various drug prescriptions for contraception. It mentions the Ella from Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc., as an antagonist in preventing pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. It discusses the progestin Depo-Provera from Pfizer Inc., which is used as injectable...
- The case for emergency contraceptives. Stern, Lisa // Clinical Advisor;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p127
In this article the author discusses the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's approval of the release of new emergency contraceptive (EC) products in the market. She notes that Ulipristal acetate or ella from HRA Pharma SA and Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a progesterone receptor modulator. She...
- SECTION 14: OB/GYN. // MPR - Pediatricians' Edition;Fall2011/Winter2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p132
The article presents the drug literature of several contraceptives and medications for the treatment of vaginal infections. Ella is a progesterone agonist/antagonist from Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. which is indicated for the prevention of pregnancy after an unprotected sexual intercourse....
- Watson will market OTC drug products. // Drug Store News;5/20/96, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p101
Reports that Watson Pharmaceuticals has formed a division to develop, manufacture and market a portfolio of over-the-counter drug products. Officers of the division; Expansion strategies.
- Transforming to conquer tomorrow. // Drug Store News;2/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, pCP16
Profiles Corona, California-based Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Comment by Allen Chao, chairman and chief executive officer of Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Trends affecting the generic drug industry in the United States; Expansion plans by the company for 1998.
- Soc Gen Funds Pharmaceutical Deal. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;07/24/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p3
Reports the launching of a credit facility for Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Worth of the deal; Price structure; Credit rating.
- Watson creates OTC division. Snyder, Karyn // Drug Topics;5/6/96, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p33
Reports that Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. has formed an over-the-counter (OTC) division. Capability of the company in the OTC market, according to chief executive officer Allan Chao; Appointment of Lynne Millheiser as head of the division.
- Oral contraceptives: Warning on certain brands. // HealthFacts;Dec95, Vol. 20 Issue 199, p4
Warns on the negative side effect of third generation oral contraceptives (OCs). Increased risk of non-fatal venous thromboembolism; Two brands of OCs prescribed in the United States; Findings of the World Health Organization's studies on third generation OCs.