200$ Best Under A Billion
- Small firms baffled by range of grants. // Professional Engineering;07/07/99, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p9
Focuses on a survey by Griffin Credit Services, which looked into the main sources of finance for small and medium-sized businesses in the manufacturing and distribution sectors in Great Britain.
- A source of funds in search of work. Hovey, Juan // Nation's Business;Sep97, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p37
Describes the financial service provided by private investment groups (PIG). Also known as private equity groups or buyout groups; Investment in mature businesses that have good prospects for growth; How a typical PIG deal works; Comments from Keith Shaughnessy of Metapoint Partners, a PIG...
- How to raise money for a small business? // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/2/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p19
Discusses tips for small businesses in the United States on how to raise money. Source of capital; Bank loans; Types of business loans.
- Taking Care of Business. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p52
Discusses the importance of financial planning to small companies. Concerns of small businesses regarding financial planning; Influence of the bear market on wealth clients; Recommendations for financial planners. INSET: Pricing Principles.
- DPOFilings May Have Reached Bottom SB-2 Continue to Gain in Popularity. // SCOR Report;Mar2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the decrease in the filing of direct public offerings of businesses in the U.S. as of March 2002. Popularity of the small business (SB)-2 for small business; Restrictions issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the National Association of Securities Dealers.
- Banking on Business. Slawsky, Richard // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p27
Discusses the conditions that provide the opportunity for small business enterprises to refinance and improve cash flow. Short-term and prime interest rates; Loan options to refinance debt; Changes in the tax code.
- VC fund-raising falls in 2nd period. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p24
Reports on decline in the U.S. venture capital firms' fund-raising efforts in the second quarter of the year 2003. Companies which raised funds; Percentage decline in capital-raising for buyout and mezzanine funds.
- IT spending remains flat. // Supply Management;1/30/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p8
Reports hesitation of small and medium-sized firms to increase spending for information technology in Great Britain.
- Tax push targets commuters. McLaughlin, Kathleen // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/27/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p1
The article presents information on a proposal of Indy Chamber that commuter tax is the best way for solving financial problems that is posing threat for Marion County, Indiana. Indy Chamber is charged with attracting jobs as well as business investment to the county. One of the most common...