The Next Web Phenom
- Selling Out. // Wired;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p64
The article features Groupon, a Chicago, Illinois-based company founded by Andrew Mason that offers group discounts to customers. It discusses the collaboration of Groupon with retailers that increased its earnings to 760 million U.S. dollars in 2010. It offers information on its refusal of a...
- Tamping down talk of a bubble. SWANSON, SANDRA A. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/3/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p0020
The article focuses on the business operation of technology industry in Chicago, Illinois. Andrew Mason, chief executive officer (CEO) and founder of Groupon Inc., states his comment on the future of the company's operation despite the increasing trend and investments. He also cites the firm's...
- Groupon CEO exits: 'I'm getting in the way'. // Advertising Age;3/4/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses the dismissal of Andrew Mason as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Internet industry firm Groupon, noting a 24 percent decline in its stock price the day Mason was dismissed.
- Andrew Mason, 30. Bergstein, Brian // Technology Review;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p44
The article focuses on the success of electronic coupons providing company Groupon Inc. launched by Andrew Mason, who has been selected by the journal in its 35 technological innovators under the age of 35.
- Groupon ceo booted. // Travel Daily;3/ 4/2013, p4
The article announces the dismissal of Andrew Mason as chief executive officer (CEO) at online daily deals company Groupon.
- Why Groupon fired Andrew Mason. // Executive Leadership;May2013, Vol. 28, p6
The article presents a discussion of the reason behind the termination of chief executive officer (CEO) Andrew Mason from electronic commerce firm Groupon Inc., adapted from the article "Andrew Mason's Not-So-Greatest Moments at Groupon" by Jeff Bercovici.
- DEAL-MAKER. // Smart Business Chicago;Jul2011, Vol. 8 Issue 9, ps8
The article focuses on founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Andrew Mason and his success in deal-making to keep Groupon Inc. to be on top of the industry, wherein he is recognized as the winner of Ernst & Young LLP's Entrepreneur of the Year Award for emerging.
- From Clip and Save to Click and Save. Lyons, Daniel // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);12/6/2010 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 156 Issue 23, p1
The article features Groupon, one of the fastest-growing companies on the Web started by Andrew Mason. Mason built a Web site in 2007 called The Point, where people could join forces for causes they cared about. According to him, some were using his site to form buying groups and get discounts...
- If Mason is to lead, he needs a lieutenant. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/16/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p0016
The article reports on the persistence of Andrew Mason as the chief executive officer (CEO) of Chicago, Illinois-based Groupon Inc. despite the lawsuits filed by the firm's shareholders. It mentions that Mason is holding on to his position since 58 percent of the company's voting control are...