New Media, Old Fight
- DATELINE. // MediaWeek;2/28/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p3
News briefs on the mass media industry are presented changes made to the search algorithm of the Web search engine operated by Google Inc., and appointment of Efrem Zimbalist III as chairman of the Magazine Publishers of America (MPA) and discusses of various U.S. mass media policy and legislation.
- Front. // Adweek;7/11/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p13
News briefs on the mass media industry are presented including a U.S. judgment against a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulation on mass media cross-ownership, the introduction of video Internet telephony on the online social network Facebook and the hiring of journalist Elizabeth...
- Freedom in Question. // India Today;9/12/2011, p31
The article reports that the Indian government is planning to set up a group that will deal with issues concerning mass media regulation and accountability. According to the author, the issue was raised during a Union Cabinet meeting despite not being part of the initial list of agenda. He...
- How to beat the game (sometimes). Taylor Jr., Jack H. // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb85, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the strategy used by the Executive Office for United States Attorneys to avoid processing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. Reason behind the agency's policy; Rules that can help speed up the processing of FOIA actions.
- MEDIA LAW: Syrian President Issues New Media Law. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);9/3/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 1267, p13
The article reports on the move of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to endorse a media law that prevents the censorship of local and foreign publications. It states that the law will establish a national media council that enjoys legal personality and administrative and financial freedom. It...
- Observatorios ciudadanos. Ezeta, Alejandra; Esquivel, Luis // Revista Mexicana de Comunicacion;dec2008/feb2009, Vol. 21 Issue 114, p18
No abstract available.
- ProSiebenSat. 1 draws interest of buyers, pols. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/14/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that German politicians are calling for changes in the country's media ownership laws. The auction of ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG, Germany's largest commercial broadcaster, is heating up, with 10 foreign investment groups reportedly having submitted takeover bids. Earlier this...
- Free speech is safe from Conroy's feather duster. Cassin, Ray // Eureka Street;3/22/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on the announcement of Australian Communications Minister Stephen Conroy about the proposal of Prime Minister Julia Gillard's government to amend the country's news media regulation in 2013. It highlights the response of several news publications on Conroy's announcement. It...
- MISSED OPPORTUNITY? BECERRA, MARTÍN; MASTRINI, GUILLERMO // Americas Quarterly;Fall2013, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p48
The article offers information on the 2009 Audiovisual Communication Services Law (ACSL) in Argentina which is the first major effort in regulating the press since 1980. Topics discussed include the implementation of the law, the collision between the ClarÃn Group, the principal media...