SPECIALTY UPDATE: What's New in Orthopaedic Trauma
- Vacuum Assisted Closure Therapy versus Standard Wound Therapy for Open Musculoskeletal Injuries. Sinha, Kushagra; Chauhan, Vijendra D.; Maheshwari, Rajesh; Chauhan, Neena; Rajan, Manu; Agrawal, Atul // Advances in Orthopedics;2013, p1
Background. This study was performed to evaluate the results of vacuum assisted wound therapy in patients with open musculoskeletal injuries. Study Design and Setting. Prospective, randomized, and interventional at tertiary care hospital, from 2011 to 2012. Materials and Methods. 30 patients of...
- Complications of Hot Tumeric Use in Acute Trauma. Al-Kashmiri, Ammar; Al-Mutani, Mohammed; Al-Zadjali, Anwar // Oman Medical Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p254
The use of hot Tumeric paste for treatment of musculoskeletal injuries is a home remedy commonly used in Oman. This practice occasionally leads to skin burns complicating an already injured extremity. This case report discusses the uses of Tumeric as a medicine as well as the management of the...
- Matthew Porteous, Susanne BÃ¤uerle: Techniques and principles for the operating room: AO-trauma. Kehr, Pierre // European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology;Jan2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p87
No abstract available.
- What's New in Orthopaedic Trauma. Wiss, Donald A // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 11, p2111
Discusses current advancements in fracture care and in the field of orthopaedic trauma as of November 1, 2002. Treatment alternatives for hemorrhage following high-energy pelvic fractures; Recommendation for arthroplasty in treating displaced femoral neck fractures in patients more than 70...
- Online First publication. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Sep2001, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p489
Discusses the launching of Online First, an online publication of all accepted papers in the periodical "Archives of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery". Publication date; Creation of hyperlinks between Online First articles; Benefits for authors and readers.
- The Primary Trauma Care Manual. // Surgical Care at the District Hospital;1/1/2002, Special section p1
The article focuses on the correct procedures in providing primary trauma care. The establishment or maintenance of airway patency should be the first priority wherein patients could die from lack of oxygen. Other topics discussed include circulatory resuscitation measures, neurological...
- A Survey on Trauma Systems and Education in Europe. Leppäniemi, Ari // European Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p577
To assess the current stage of trauma system development and trauma surgery training in Europe. Email-based survey from 53 physicians representing 25 European countries. On a scale of 0â€“10, the mean (SD) score for trauma system development was 5.4 (2.4) and for trauma surgery...
- Comments on Torricelli et al.: Regenerative medicine for the treatment of musculoskeletal overuse injuries in competition horses. Carmona, Jorge; López, Catalina // International Orthopaedics;Nov2011, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1745
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Regenerative Medicine for the Treatment of Musculoskeletal Overuse Injuries in Competition Horses," by P. Torricelli et al. in a previous issue.
- Metallic Biomaterials in Skeletal Repair. Frosch, Karl-Heinz; Stürmer, Klaus Michael // European Journal of Trauma;Apr2006, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p149
Metallic biomaterials are becoming increasingly important in skeletal repair. The goal of this review article is to present an overview of metallic implant materials currently used in trauma and orthopedic surgery. Further, new research trends and future clinical concepts are described and...