Cardinals Give Measured Support to Retaliatory Attacks
- The fight against terrorism. Clinton, Bill // Vital Speeches of the Day;09/15/98, Vol. 64 Issue 23, p706
Presents a speech by the President of the United States, given before the nation, which deals with the US attack on Afghanistan and Sudan in August 1998. Reasons for the attack; The prevalence of terrorism; Bombings at the US embassies in Kenya.
- Bush Issues New Marching Orders. Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;11/5/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p8
Presents updates on the United States (U.S.)-led campaign against terrorism as of November 5, 2001. Aerial bombing assaults on the Taliban military infrastructure in Afghanistan; Details of information leaks from confidential briefings among legislators; Appointment of the director of the U.S....
- Bombing bin Laden: Assessing the Effectiveness of Air Strikes as a Counter-Terrorism Strategy. Malvesti, Michele L. // Fletcher Forum of World Affairs;Winter/Spring2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p17
The article examines the effectiveness of air strikes as a counter-terrorism (CT) strategy in the context of the U.S. It explores the CT efforts of the country in response to the September 11, 2001 aerial attacks, which were associated to Osama bin Laden, the leader of Al-Qaeda terrorist...
- Did Kosovo teach us anything? Friedman, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug99, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p91
Raises the question of whether any lessons were learned in the bombing of Kosovo in 1999.
- West sticks to big stick with Serbs. Rohde, David // Christian Science Monitor;9/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 197, p1
Assesses resuming of heavy airstrikes on Bosnian Serbs by NATO commanders. Support from Western diplomats; Reactions of UN officials on the issue.
- Art and live bombing basics. Krause, Merrick E. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p10
Discusses the basics of live aerial bombing. Danger from friendly bombs; Planning a live ordnance mission; Briefing of pilots; Inspection of bombs on aircraft; Emergencies in live bombing missions; Well-structured debriefing.
- Remarks on arrival in St. Petersburg, Russia. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/22/96, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p685
Presents the text of President Bill Clinton's remarks on arrival in St. Petersburg, Russia. Bombing of a United Nations camp in southern Lebanon manned by peacekeepers from Fiji; Condolences for the casualties; Middle East mission of Secretary of State Warren Christopher.
- The destruction of a Basque town served as a model for... Zentner, Joe // Military History;Jun97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p10
Reports on Germany's destruction of Guernica, a town in northeastern Spain on April 26, 1937. Events leading up to the attack; Information on a mural painted by Pablo Picasso which depicted the attack; Acclaim which the painting received; Initial reason for the painting of mural; Background...
- Pakistan Gave OK to Deadly U.S. Air Strike. THATCHER, JONATHAN // News India Times;12/09/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 49, p5
The article reports that according to U.S. officials, Pakistani officials gave the go-ahead signal to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) air strike that killed 24 Pakistani troops.