Time for a Self-Assessment
- Management By Objectives. Corey, Milton O. // Training & Development Journal;Sep67, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p57
Discusses the concept of Management by Objectives. Aspects of launching a company-wide Management by Objectives process; Educational and motivational efforts in individual Objectives process; Determination of training needs; Specific uses of objectives.
- COLLABORATIVE M.B.O. Sethi, Narenda K. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
No abstract available.
- IS MANAGEMENT Y OBJECTIVES MATURING? Weihrich, Heinz; Decker, Patrick G.; Wood, Steven D. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p5
No abstract available.
- Set goals you'll actually accomplish. // Administrative Professional Today;Dec2012, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p4
The article presents a discussion on how to effectively accomplish one's goal by writing it down, breaking it down into daily, weekly and monthly tasks and continually visualizing such, adapted from the article "Goal Setting: Why 90% of us don't do it effectively," by Ken Cheo.
- How to set goals that work for your company-and improve the bottom line! Weihrich, Heinz // Management Review;Feb82, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p60
Part II. Focuses on aspects of goal-setting for the individual manager. Characteristics of an effective management by objectives (MBO) program.
- Self-Appraisal in Performance Evaluation: Development Versus Evaluation. Campbell, Donald J.; Lee, Cynthia // Academy of Management Review;Apr88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p302
Self-appraisal (SA) may complement evaluative supervisory ratings. SAs also may be used to help employees improve their job performance. This review (a) explains why research on the evaluation function of SA has provided such poor results, (b) suggests modification in SAs that may increase their...
- Transform your goals. Juling, Jim // Smart Business Los Angeles;Jan2009, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p5
The article looks at the significance of transforming goals to become an effective leader who delivers results. Based on the case of a coaching client, the man regularly set goals for himself and for his team, however, he seldom achieved them. Upon analysis of his goal-setting priorities, one...
- INSIDE-OUT THINKING. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Pittsburgh;Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses the approaches on how business leaders can reach their transformative goals in the organization. According to the author, leaders should be committed towards a clear course of action, focus on the internal goal and make it sure that the changes are necessary. He adds that...
- Download Your 2012 INDUSTRYWEEK Best Plants Application. // Industry Week/IW;Mar2012, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p42
The article focuses on the call for manufacturing industry to apply and join the journal's 2012 Best Plants competition, which acknowledges North American manufacturing facilities demonstrating excellence in their performances and their processes.