Is the UK's interest in climate change dwindling?
- EARTH BEAT. McManus, Reed // Sierra;May/Jun2010, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p81
An interview with climatologist and author Stephen Schneider is presented. Topics include Schneider's perspective on the need for scientists to be involved in science policy, the status of societal understanding and debate on climate change, and Schneider's book "Science as a Contact Sport:...
- Breaking the Global-Warming GRIDLOCK. Sarewitz, Daniel; Pielke Jr., Roger // Atlantic Monthly (10727825);Jul2000, Vol. 286 Issue 1, p54
The article calls for a change in the approach to the global warming debate. The author issues a call for efforts to reduce the world's vulnerability and contribution to climate changes. The article examines the role of political influence in the framing of global warming issues. The article...
- TESTING THE CLIMATE. Kolbert, Elizabeth // New Yorker;12/24/2007, Vol. 83 Issue 41, p43
The article discusses politician Al Gore's acceptance of the Nobel Peace Prize and speculates as to whether his goal of reducing climate change will be realized. Gore's success in raising awareness of global warming is noted. A statement by global business executives on climate change is quoted...
- Global row over value of human life. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;8/19/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1991, p7
Examines the controversy over the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report on the social cost of global warming. Defense of the report by author David Pearce from University College of London; Opposition of Third World delegates including India against the report.
- The real impact of social media. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/10/2011, Issue 2981, p20
The article reports on the research and survey conducted by YouGov PLC regarding the impact of social media on the decision making of consumers during holidays. It states that 40% of the respondents said that their holiday choices had not been influenced by any type of social media. It mentions...
- Australian Sustainability Grants Underutilized by Small Businesses. // Sustainable Brands Weekly;3/18/2010, p4
No abstract available.
- Cheap solution for climate change. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2010, Issue 825, p10
This article reports on a policy of direct action on climate change proposed by the Conservative Coalition in Australia in 2010.
- CAN CHINA KEEP A GREEN PROMISE? Elkington, John // Director (00123242);Nov2010, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p31
The article presents an opinion calling for China to exert more efforts in fighting climate change.
- SLOGAN DOCTOR EDF: SAVE TODAY, SAVE TOMORROW. Morrish, John // Management Today;Sep2010, p17
The article presents the slogan devised by Euro RSCG Worldwide Inc. for EDF Energy PLC, "Save Today, Save Tomorrow," with which the firm aims to share the message of using less energy.