Roth Accounts: Seeing the Forest for the Trees
- Practical Skills: Money Management. // Small Business Advisor (1069-9619);Feb2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on the practical skills for money management. Topics discussed include the importance of continuous learning even without school and overall financial security, making payments of student loans after completion of school, and planning for retirement during the first day of...
- Roll the 401K into an IRA. Ramsey, Dave // Wilson County News;6/11/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p5A
The article presents questions and answers related to financial management including the roll of money in traditional individual retirement account (IRA), financial management on children and spending on a tenth anniversary honeymoon while working on debt.
- Finances In Focus. Wright, Michael // Word (Word Publications - Ted Fleischaker);May2012, p36
The article discusses the benefits of becoming an automatic investor, and ensuring financial security for one's children. It notes that automatic investors gain discipline and long-term focus that guarantees them to have wealth for important needs and uncertainties in life. The article cites...
- How To Determine When The Roth Vehicle Is Best. Fishbein, Robert // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/5/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p24
The article discusses the considerations when determining whether a Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401(k) or 403(b) is more well than a traditional retirement vehicle, such as the traditional IRA in the U.S. The author provided assumptions and calculations as to what is really better,...
- Building a Retirement Nest Egg. Lynott, Bill // American Drycleaner (American Trade Magazines LLC (ATM));05/01/2012, p50
The article offers the author insights on developing a tax-deferred retirement accounts. The author says that all withdrawals from our 401(k) and conventional individual retirement account (IRA) are taxable to ordinary income tax rate. He says that income taxes are more important after...
- Beating The 'Widow's Penalty'. DONALD JAY KORN // Investors Business Daily;11/ 4/2013, pA10
The so-called marriage penalty is well known, but the more obscure widow's penalty is just as bad if steps aren't taken to mitigate it.
- Juicing Up Your IRA. Epperson, Sharon // Time;6/14/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 24, p90
Discusses how more IRA investors are putting some of their funds into real estate. Historically low interest rates; How to get started; Restrictions; Tax concerns.
- Questionable business expenses. // Medical Economics;1/23/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p38
The article presents questions and answers related to money management including how to better structure debt, the advantage of making non-deductible individual retirement account (IRA) contributions, and of whether a spouse be paid for his benefits.
- Why You Should Open an IRA CD. Newell, Daryl // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;4/18/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p4
The article offers information on the benefits of opening an individual retirement account (IRA) certificate of deposit (CD) that includes higher interest rates, a deposition of 5,000 dollar in tax-deferred income, and no penalty for early withdrawal.