Working with Irrationality
- The psychiatric tourist. // Psychology Today;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on koro, the delusion that one's genitals are receding into the body. Correlation with particular locales; Cultural issues; Symptoms.
- On delusions. Sass, Louis A. // Raritan;Spring90, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p121
Considers in detail the nature of reality testing in the delusions of the paranoid schizophrenic Daniel Paul Schreber, the famous and influential patient in the history of psychiatry. How the psychoanalytic schools have interpreted poor reality testing; American Psychiatric Association's...
- Corrections:. // Christianity Today;Jan2008, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p13
Two corrections to the articles published in previous issues are presented, including the review of the book "The Dawkins Delusion," published in November 2007 issue, and the capital city of Sierra Leone, in the December issue.
- Delusions. Young, A. W. // Monist;Oct99, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p571
Attempts to answer the question of whether delusions should be considered false beliefs. Concept of delusions; Capgras and Cotard delusions; View that delusions reflect normal reasoning; Cognitive neuropsychiatry.
- The Capgras Delusion: A Critique of Its Psychodynamic Theories. Sinkman, Arthur M. // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Jul1983, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p428
Critiques the psychodynamic theory of the Capgras delusion. Explanation based on the findings in a large series of schizophrenics with the characteristic delusion; Adduction of the central issue to be the patient's loss of a stable and consistent sense of self-representation.
- Delusional depression after infectious mononucleosis. White, P.D.; Lewis, S.W. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/11/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6590, p97
Examines the development of delusional depression after infectious mononucleosis. Rarity of delusional depression; Correlation between the premorbid postviral fatigue and onset of depression; Mediation of delusional depression through encephalopathy.
- content-specific delusion. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p514
A definition of the term "content-specific delusion" is presented.
- delusion. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p598
A definition of the term "delusion," which refers to a false belief caused by no appropriate external stimulation, is presented.
- delusional. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p598
A definition of the term "delusional," which refers to a delusion, is presented.