Fiduciary Obligations Lost in Translation
- Labor Dept. Delaying Fiduciary Rule. // American Banker;9/20/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 145, p5
The article discusses why the U.S. Labor Department is delaying implementation of a rule that would subject to fiduciary responsibility investment advisers who advise individuals and employers on retirement plans.
- The entrusted adviser. Browne, Tim // Money Management;8/12/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p24
The article explores the importance of statutory fiduciary duty for financial advisers under the inquiry Into Financial Products and Services in Australia.
- Duty of care. Laker, Sally // Money Marketing;8/15/2013, p28
The author argues that it is the responsibility of financial advisers to discuss safety nets such as income protection, critical illness cover and family income benefit to clients which could make a huge difference to the customer's life as well as the adviser's.
- No single fiduciary duty solution. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;11/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p3
The article discusses the fiduciary duty of investment advisers in financial planning.
- The Dog That Didn't Bark: What wasn't said may be more revealing than what was. Clark, Bob // Investment Advisor;Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p75
The article discusses the impact of the true fiduciary standard regulation on the brokers in the U.S. It states that the regulation plansof the administration will force the brokers including those who are giving financial advice to the public to become professional financial planners. The...
- Knut Rostad. Green, James J. // Investment Advisor;May2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
The article features Knut Rostad, founder of the Institute for the Fiduciary Standard, who provides insight about the fiduciary standards set by the U.S. Department of Labor and is included in the annual list of 25 most influential people of the periodical "Investment Advisor," (IA) for 2014.
- Skip Schweiss. Green, James J. // Investment Advisor;May2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
The article features Skip Schweiss, who is included in the annual list of 25 most influential people of the periodical "Investment Advisor," (IA) for 2014, with information on his views on the potential rulemaking on the fiduciary standards.
- REDEFINING PENSION ADVICE. Barlas, Stephen // Strategic Finance;Oct2015, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p11
The article discusses a proposed rule by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) which would redefine the term "fiduciary" as applied to investment advice given by advisers to pension plans and require advisers to pursue the best interests of their clients.
- Spotting an Annuity Buyer. Stock, Howard J. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2009, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p11
The article offers information on the result of the survey conducted by the Gallup and Mathew Greenwald & Associates concerning the performance of annuity sales in the U.S. Based on the survey, which participated by 1,003 annuity owners, eight out 10 owners have annual household income less that...