Sole Practitioners Realize Lower Compensation
- IN THE PICTURE. // Pacific Standard;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
Photographs dealing with various issues related to barbershops in the U.S. are presented including those about the number of sole proprietor barbershops, licenses released by the Mississippi Board of Cosmetology and average wage of a barber.
- Legal Matters. Janis, Blair; Boren, Jason D.; Mark, Brandon J.; Rogers, Boyd L. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/12/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p14
This article presents questions and answers related to business-related law. One person asks whether a company can be subject to a software audit. Another questions the difference between being a sole proprietor and operating as a limited liability company. A reader asks if there are any laws...
- Understanding imputation credits and trusts. Thomas, Tony // NZ Business;Sep2004, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p44
Explains how the imputation credit system works in owner operated companies. Overview of imputation credits; Difference between paying salaries and retaining profits and subsequently paying dividends; Financial impact of the increase in the top marginal tax rate for individuals.
- It's a Freelance World. L. C. // Mercury;Spring2009, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p23
The article presents an analysis regarding the survey of the members of the International Association of Astronomical Artists. It reveals that 84% of them create their work as freelancers and 12% make astronomical art as both freelance and salaried individuals. It states that 96% of space...
- Dear Matthew . . . // Building Design;3/9/2012, Issue 2004, p22
The article presents questions and answers related to building design in Great Britain including the income of sole practitioner and the relationship between an employee and employer.
- Investment broker-dealer targets industry niche here. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);7/3/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 14, pA5
The article informs that the investment broker-dealer Vorpahl Wing Securities has hired three investment advisers and planned to add more by focusing on a cost-saving niche environment for brokers who are working as sole proprietors and independent contractors. The firm currently leases 1,500...
- Creative ways to use limited liability companies. Zorn, William V.A.; Hughes, John E. // Business NH Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p32
Presents information on how to overcome the complexities and limitations associated with the formation and maintenance of a Limited Liability Company (LLC). Disadvantages of LLC; Check-the-Box Regulations, regulations relating to entity classification; Effect of the regulation to LLC; How the...
- A guide to going solo. Luciano, Lani; Cheney, Karen // Money;Sep98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p136
Looks at people who have started their own businesses and the risks associated with it. Questions and answers in reference to being in business for yourself; Includes a worksheet to determine if you can afford it or not. INSETS: Closing the income gap;Saving time;Reaching out, by Joan Caplin.
- Not enough of you? Beswick, James B. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/13/97, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p4SB
Explores issues associated with the addition of staff to business owned by sole proprietors in the United States. Factors to consider before adding staff; Importance of staff growth to small businesses.