Moving the Needle
- Community at All Levels. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2000 SourceBook 2001, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p50
This article focuses on the plans of Guy M. Cumbie, financial advisor and president of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in the U.S., for the organization. What Cumbie has learned from being actively involved in both professional organizations at a pivotal point for the financial planning...
- Living the Definition. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p8
The article discusses the relation between financial planning and personal finance. In the January 2003 issue of the Journal Financial Planning, Guy Cumbie, past president and chair of the Financial Planning Association, shared his views with colleagues. In his essay, Cumbie acknowledges the...
- FPA Names New Board Members; NAPFA Seeking Candidates. // Financial Planning;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p22
Lists the appointed board members of the Financial Planning Association in the United States in January 2001. Executives who will serve three-year terms; Selection of Roy T. Diliberto as 2001 chairman; Appointment of Guy M. Cumbie and Robert Barry as president and president-elect, respectively;...
- Concerns FPA board has sidelined practising planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the removal of practising financial planners in the board of the Financial Planning Assocation (FPA).
- FPA member numbers up despite 'growing pains'. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article announces that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has added 1,047 members in 2009-2010 in Australia.
- Long Time No CFP. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the support of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the need for financial planners to have Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Remarks from FPA Chairman Roy T. Diliberto; Defense of FPA President Guy Cumbie on the importance of CFP label; Criticisms from non-CFP...
- Financial Planners Against Restraint of Trade. Brock, Henry S. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p192
Criticizes the support of the Financial Planning Association to make the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) an official designation for financial planners. Motives of the financial industry in demanding for regulation; Problems with the CFP education.
- Thank you for being a part of the Heart of Financial Planning. // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2008 Solutions, p29
The article presents a list of individuals who have been members of the Financial Planning Association for 35 years, including Gerald S. Adelman, James P. Ambrose Jr., and Carlyle D. Apple.
- Planners set to launch mortgage broking push. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;1/27/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the possible increase in the number of Financial Planning Association (FPA) licensee members who provide mortgage broking services due to the changes to the National Credit Consumer Protection Act in Australia.