Seven Issuers Price $1.4B in HY Bonds
- M&A market heats up as companies seek growth. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 28, p17
Reports on the pace of the corporate mergers and acquisitions activity in the U.S. Growth of companies through acquisitions; Impact of junk bond market and higher interest rates on market; Plan of corporations to continue their acquisitions activity.
- Bearing Down on Milken. Frum, David // National Review;3/19/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p20
Examines the rise and fall of Michael Milken's Drexel Burnham Lambert Inc. Role of Milken in establishing the company foundation through the sale of junk bonds to investors; Advantages of junk bonds; Decision of Milken to sell losing companies with bloated management; Impact of underwriting...
- NTT/Verio Merger Breathes Life to Market. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on investors' assessment of the merger between Nippon Telephone & Telegraph Corp. and Verio Inc. and its impact on the high yield bond market.
- Junk Investors Eye Anthem's Deal. // High Yield Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p6
Reports the junk bonds backing the merger of Anthem and WellPoint Health Networks.
- How Low Can Fees Go? Shepherd, Bill // High Yield Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that fee cutting by leading investment banks has helped Triad Hospitals Inc. to refinance older, more expensive debt with new issue. As a result, it was able to issue $600 million high yield note last April. Initially, the rates started to rise, just before the junk bond was...
- Bond Prices Increase on Secondary Market. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/5/2011, p14
The article reports on an increase in high yield bond prices in the U.S. on August 31, 2011 over the trading losses during the previous week.
- Determinants of bondholder wealth following corporate takeovers (1980-1988). Walker, M. Mark // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter94, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
Examines the reaction of bond prices to corporate takeovers announced during the 1980s. Determinants of bondholder wealth; Bond returns' inverse relation to issuer default risk; Variations in the returns earned by target and acquiring firm bondholders; Relationships between bond returns and...
- Four Hopefuls Seek $1.2B in New Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/7/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p4
This article looks at new issuances in the junk bond market. There is a plan by apparel maker Hanesbrands to issue 500 million U.S. dollars in senior notes due 2016 in a bid to refinance some or all of its existing senior secured credit facility and all of its debt under its senior secured...
- Junk Investors Eye Anthem's Deal. // Bank Loan Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p10
Reports that buyers of high yield bonds has started asking about the bridge loan backing the merger of Anthem and WellPoint Health Networks. Indication that the interim loan would be taken out with a bond offering; Terms of the deal; Impact of the deal on fees for several banks.