Unsecured Deals Return to Dominate HY
- EMEA Maturity Wall Tough to Scale After 2013. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;10/18/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p5
The article reports on the study published by Moody's Investors Service Inc. which shows that the maturity wall of leveraged loan and high yield bond debt is going to be difficult for companies in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. It states that junk bond markets with a reduced...
- Investors Driving Ford's $1.1B New HY Bonds. // High Yield Report;5/5/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p3
The article offers news briefs related to the global securities industry. Ford Motor Credit Co. has made a high yield bond issuance worth $1.1 billion due to strong investor demand. Elektrim SA has redeemed its bonds in full by paying more than $57.6 million after negotiations conducted on...
- Spec-Grade Bond Covenants Worsened in July. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;8/12/2015, p5
The article reports that investor protections for high yield bonds continued to weaken in July 2015 according to the rating agency Moody's Investors Service. Topics covered include the stronger protections indicated by a lower Covenant Quality Index (CQI) and the amount of issuances that...
- Moody's: HY Issues Have Good Outlook. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/31/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p16
The article focuses on a report by Moody's Investors Service that predicts a steady new high yield bond issuance over the next several quarters, particularly in 2010 after the default rate peak has passed. The high yield bond market's activity will be sustained by a narrowing bond spread. The...
- HY Covenant Quality Improves Slightly. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/14/2014, p23
The article reports on the improvement in the quality of North American high yield bond covenant between February and March 2014, according to ratings agency Moody's Investor Service. A high yield bond's average score rose to 4.13 in March from 4.36 in February. Information on the status of the...
- Are Secured Bonds the New Loan Market? Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;9/7/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p16
This article deals with the growing appeal of secured bonds or high yield bonds among loan investors in 2009. From March through August 27, 2009, U.S. dollar-denominated high yield bond issuance totaled 88 billion U.S. dollars, Moody's Investors Service claims. Data from Bank of America shows...
- Ford Motors to HY Market with $1B Offer. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
This article announces the return of Ford Motor Credit to the high yield bond market via a one billion U.S. dollar offering of senior notes due 2021.
- Ford Selling 2 Add-On HY Tranches. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/9/2012, p7
The article reports that Ford Motor Credit has entered the primary high yield bond market for 2012 with two add-on offerings.
- Moody's: Better HY Recoveries Mean Thinner Spreads. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/13/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p7
The article focuses on a report issued by Moody's Investors Service which indicated that a higher recovery rate on defaulted junk bonds will mean thinner high yield spreads.