Asia FX: The Time For A Sell-Off Is Approaching
- Risks To Growth To The Downside In 2008. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Mar2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p6
The article provides an economic outlook for the Philippines in 2008. With fourth-quarter 2007 gross domestic product (GDP) growth at 7.4%, accelerating from the previous quarter's 6.6%, net exports will continue to perform less in 2008 as exports continue to suffer in the wake of slower global...
- Economic Outlook: 'Fair.'. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/20/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p16
The article reports on Michigan's economic outlook for 2006. Michigan placed second to last in the country in terms of performance in 2005 and the state of its economy is the same for 2006. Among the causes of the state's poor performance is the loss of manufacturing jobs particularly in the...
- Batman Returns. Harding, Luke // World Today;Nov2011, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p8
The article provides an outlook for the world economic performance in 2024. It expects that the economic prospects will pick up a little following the collapse of the euro. It anticipates that Germans will be happy spending deutschmarks again, and Greeks will be back with drachma. It reports...
- REGIONAL RISK PROFILE. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Oct2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on political and economic risk in South Asian countries. Statistics on short term economic risks; Trends that indicate short term political risk.
- Germany's Future Political Challenges. Crawford, Beverly // German Politics & Society;Winter2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p69
Presents a fictitious scenario that aims to project an economic future for Germany. Method that can be used to predict how events would have unfolded even if facts have been changed; Relative certainties in which the fictitious scenario rely; Factors regarding the state of the German economy...
- Databank. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/27/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 26, p40
Presents several charts on economic forecasts and economic indicators in Middle East countries for 2002 and 2003.
- Reasons for Optimism. Larson, Paul // Morningstar StockInvestor;10/15/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
The article presents the stand of the author on having a positive tone and seeing encouraging things in the economy and the markets in the U.S. He states that with his views, he got strange looks from the audience when he spoke at a conference. He is optimistic that the economic outlook appears...
- Spain returns to recession after shrinking by 0.3%. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;4/30/2012, p23
The article reports that Spain economy has returned to recession after shrinking by 0.3 percent. The country's statistical office has shown the economy shrank by 0.3 percent in 2012. Further the ratings agency has predicted the Spanish economy will shrink by 1.5 percent in 2012, followed by a...
- The leading indicators index. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/20/2015, pA02
The article reports that the leading indicators index from the Conference Board has recorded a 0.2% increase in January 2015.