Air-Filter Life-Cycle Cost
- What Is the Cost of a Pleated Air Filter? Cieslak, Stephen // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/19/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 12, p10
The article provides several tips on how contractors can determine the most cost-effective pleated air filter based on clients' budget goals in the U.S. Key factors to consider in evaluating air filters include price, quality, performance and serviceability. These factors will enable contractors...
- Pulley Police. Eiler, Donald J.; Ivanovich, Michael G. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p15
Presents information on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system of a research facility. Features of the HVAC system; Background on the fan speed and diameters of the pulleys of the air handler; Details of the replacement of the fan curves of the HVAC system.
- Dual ducting: An innovation to increase the use of daylight in buildings. Mayhoub, M. S. // Lighting Research & Technology;Oct2015, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p712
Daylight guidance systems deliver daylight into remote parts of buildings. However, they still lack market penetration. The primary difficulty lies within the installation process. Daylight guidance systems use light ducts to distribute daylight, which occupy significant amounts of space. The...
- Designing HVAC Systems Using Particle Swarm Optimization. Bravo, Ramiro H.; Flocker, Forrest W. // ASHRAE Transactions;2011, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p565
Many design and operating goals in heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are optimization problems. For example, building operators want to determine the combination of equipment and set points that obtain the most energy efficient operating conditions. Similarly, HVAC system...
- Sizing VAV Boxes. Taylor, Steven T. // ASHRAE Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p30
Provides information about selecting the inlet size of a variable air volume (VAV) terminal boxes. Factors considered for sizing VAV boxes; Discussion on the fundamentals of how VAV box selection affects energy usage; Impact of the minimum airflow setpoint on VAV box sizing.
- Moisture In Homes. Snyder, Dawn R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/3/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 1, p23
Answers a reader's question on minimizing the damage caused to air conditioning systems by a moisture problem at a home that tends to have an above-average humidity level. Taking steps to curtail winter time air circulation through the air conditioning ducts; Wrapping the inlet air filter in...
- Heat Recovery Ventilators. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/20/2006, Vol. 227 Issue 12, p9
The article features the Tradewindsâ„¢ Compact120 and Tradewindsâ„¢ Compact120D heat recovery ventilators from NuTech Brands Inc. Both units were suited for high-rise condominiums, hotels, and apartments. They have a thermally conductive aluminum core, an independent motorized impeller,...
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/1/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 14, p6
Introduces several heat and ventilation products. Release of the bank filter manufactured by Advanced Filtration Systems; Specification of the Barrier Glider thermal air sealing from Rite-Hite Doors; Availability of an interactive electronic catalog from Baldor Electric Co.
- Whole-Home Air Cleaners are Changing. Frank, John E. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/21/2008, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p20
The article focuses on the changes to be done in the whole-home air cleaners market in the U.S. given the gap between whole-home air cleaner and the portable air cleaner. One of the changes is the need for manufacturers to provide consumers with a way to interact and control whole-home air...