The Art of Variable- Speed Pumping to a (delta-) T
- A Chilling Thought. Siegenthaler, John // Plumbing & Mechanical;Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p16
In this article the author discusses the application of hydronic cooling. It lists a range of products that serves as the chiller including reversible water-to-water heat pumps, air-cooled chillers, and small gas-fired absorption cycle chillers. It also includes a diagram that depicts the...
- Heat transfer investigation in channel plate heat exchange. Alhajri, M.; Witery, A. // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part E;2007, Vol. 221 Issue 2, p101
With the growing importance of heat exchanging equipments and the increasing demand upon their capabilities, heat exchangers with better characteristics are always welcome. The heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics are investigated here using experimental and analytical techniques for...
- Heat transfer in a horizontal coiled pipe in a transient regime and at a near-critical pressure of a fluid. Kelbaliev, R.; Aliev, R.; Ismailov, M. // Journal of Engineering Physics & Thermophysics;Sep2008, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p930
It has been established that in the region of pressures close to a critical one, heat transfer in a transient regime of motion of a single-phase flow in a horizontal coil pipe changes nonuniformly over the cross section of the perimeter. The main factors here are the influence of inertia forces...
- Microshower for maxi cool. Schweber, Bill // EDN;12/12/2002, Vol. 47 Issue 27, p32
Discusses that cooling hot components is a perennial problem that engineers often solve with liquid-immersion or forced-convection, fan based cooling. Effect of Localized spraying of hot devices with water; Benefits of water spraying method.
- Convective heat transfer in the motion of a medium under the conditions of supercritical pressures. Isaev, G.; Abdullaeva, S.; Éiyubova, K.; Tagieva, Z. // Journal of Engineering Physics & Thermophysics;Jan2013, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p105
Results for heat transfer of hydrocarbons under the conditions of supercritical pressures are presented, and the equation for the boundary of individual heat-transfer regimes is proposed.
- Oro tankio stratifikacijos Ä¯takos miÅ¡riai konvekcijai plokÅ¡Äiame kanale pereinamojo tekÄ—jimo zonoje eksperimentinis tyrimas. Poškas, Robertas; Drumstas, Giedrius; Poškas, Povilas; Kolesnikovas, Jokūbas // Energetika;2010, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p119
No abstract available.
- Calculation of Convective Boiling in a Vertical Tube at Sub-atmospheric Pressures. Saffari, Hamid; Ghobadi, Mehdi // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p687
The convective heat transfer coefficient and the wall temperature in a uniform heated tube with upward flow regarding the pressure drop along the tube are calculated. Heat transfer capacity of the flow is implicit function of its velocity and its heat transfer coefficient; hence studying flow...
- Forced convection heat transfer of subcooled liquid hydrogen in horizontal tubes. Tatsumoto, Hideki; Shirai, Yasuyuki; Shiotsu, Masahiro; Hata, Koichi; Naruo, Yoshihiro; Kobayashi, Hiroyuki; Inatani, Yoshifumi; Kinoshita, K. // AIP Conference Proceedings;6/8/2012, Vol. 1434 Issue 1, p747
Forced flow heat transfers of liquid hydrogen through horizontally-mounted tubes with the diameter of 3.0 mm and 6.0 mm were measured at the pressure of 0.7 MPa for various inlet temperatures and flow velocities. The measured non-boiling heat transfer coefficients agree with those by the...
- Helium I Heat Transfer in a Small Natural Circulation Loop with Self-sustaining Recondensation. Yu Song; Four, Aurélien; Baudouy, Bertrand // AIP Conference Proceedings;Jan2014, Vol. 1573, p1483
Heat transfer of helium I in a natural circulation loop is experimentally studied around atmospheric pressure. The test section of the loop has an inner diameter of 4 mm and a height of 23 cm and can be uniformly heated by wire heater. On top of the loop, a condenser is mounted and thermally...