Fog-Humidification Units Play Major Role in Facility's Cooling-System Improvements
- Condair humifidies Wellcome Trust. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Jun2015, p34
The article reports that Condair HP has been tapped in 2015 to install three high pressure spray humidification systems at the London, England headquarters of biomedical research charity Wellcome Trust. Topics include the installation of the humidifiers to maintain the humidity in the building's...
- Clearing the air. Rattenbury // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Oct99, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on water-treatment technologies for atomizing humidifiers. Rationale for treating feedwater prior to injection into the air; Reverse-osmosis devices and membrane types; Calculation of the cost of service deionization. INSET: A thumbnail sketch of water-treatment technologies..
- Avoiding the wet duct CALLBACK. // Engineered Systems;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p68
Recommends methods and techniques for ensuring humidification absorption in commercial and industrial applications. Absorption distance; Placement in system design; Air temperature; Air velocity and volume.
- Automatic humidifier control helps expand residential comfort potential. Reichert, R.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;09/07/98, Vol. 205 Issue 1, p9
Describes how humidifier control technologies allow humidifiers to provide benefits to homeowners in more temperate portions of the United States. Influence of the size of the house, air inflation rate, indoor-outdoor absolute humidity difference and internal moisture generation rate on...
- Air/water duct atomizing humidifiers: An efficient, safe alternative to steam. Herr, D. Scott // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;09/07/98, Vol. 205 Issue 1, p41
Explains how air/water duct atomizing humidifiers work. Major advantages of atomizing humidifiers; Breaking up water into small droplets to increase the surface area presented to the air for evaporation; Reduction of the air conditioning load; Savings in mechanical cooling costs; Factors to...
- THE BEST BET. // New York;10/24/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 34, p41
The article offers information on Fred Swiss-designed humidifier from Stadler Form.
- Choose an Environmental Chamber To Fit Your Needs. Murdock-Timmerman, Kim // R&D Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p71
Presents information on humidity cabinets or environmental chambers. Details on bench-style chambers; How humidity control is achieved in the chamber; Procedure for finding a suitable chamber.
- Get Humidity with Your Heat. Kirschner, Suzanne Kantra; Moyer, Michael // Popular Science;Feb2002, Vol. 260 Issue 2, p18
Introduces the Humidifier Register from Web Products.
- KEYS TO EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION. Ihnen, Jeff // Engineered Systems;May2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p34
The article focuses on efficient dehumidification with mechanical cooling. It notes that efficient dehumidification includes several strategies such as the selection for the appropriate system for the application and controlling the system in minimizing energy consumption. It was the concluded...