'Smartest' Buildings in America Named
- Web-Based Building Automation Systems. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/9/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p8
The article mentions the web based building automation systems called BACnet from Siemens Industry Inc.
- Callout for Refrigeration. Turner, Fred // ASHRAE Journal;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses various reports published within the issue including part-load efficiency features for compressors, fundamentals of BACnet (building automation & controls network) protocol operations, and three Technology Award case studies.
- NEWS AT A GLANCE. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p6
The article offers news briefs related to engineering in the U.S. including the consolidation between Project Lead the Way (PLTW) and Technology Student Association (TSA), SkillsUSA to encourage engineering innovation, and an energy reduction throughout the office buildings of Puget Sound.
- Speaking the Same Language. Bergman, Mark // Buildings;Apr2003, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the use of open, standard protocols to reduce costs in building management and construction. Significance of the building automation system (BAS); Features and mechanism of open, standard protocols; Factors that enhance BAS performance. INSET: Why Choice is Important.
- Project Files: City Automation. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/14/2011, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p4
The article profiles the project for the city automation in Merced, California particularly its 17 main city buildings, seven city parks, and the Merced Regional Airport in an effort to lessen the energy consumption while supporting its local jobs.
- Someday, engineers and managers will wonder how they ever got along without it. Sinclair, Ken // Engineered Systems;Aug2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p32
Examines the impact of the Internet on the office-building automation industry. Commonalities between building automation systems and information technologies; Possible impact of Internet convergence; Integration with intranets and the Internet; Web-based control concepts.
- CLIMATE CHANGE. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/5/2007, Vol. 232 Issue 10, p4
A cartoon is presented about building automation system.
- PHOENIX Rising: A bonus for our BAC, a makeover for our URL, and Baltimore beckons. Beverly, Robert // Engineered Systems;Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p6
The author reflects on the highlights of the upcoming Fall 2007 Building Automation Conference and the BACnet Conference & Expo in Phoenix, Arizona. The BACnet gathering will address items like what makes a good specification, the current state of BACnet and future developments. The Building...
- Sustainability, BACnet gatherings converge on Phoenix. // Engineered Systems;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p58
The article offers information on the ES Building Automation & Sustainability Conference by the journal "Engineered Systems" and BACnet International to be held in Phoenix, Arizona from September 25-27, 2007.