A Manufacturer's View of Green Building
- Series Starts Out Green. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/11/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 15, p6
The article introduces the new book entitled "ASHRAE Green-Guide: The Design, Construction, and Operation of Sustainable Buildings," the first publication of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers' (ASHRAE) Professional Series in the U.S. It is a guide for...
- A View of the Technology Landscape. Arnold, Scott // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p5
Introduces a series of articles about the implications of the proliferation of networked building controls for green building designs.
- Green Building On The Rise. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/13/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the participation of heating and ventilation industry leaders in the first annual Engineering Green Buildings Seminar and Conference on July 20-23, 2004, in Cleveland, Ohio. Issues in energy-efficient building design and certification discussed at the conference.
- A Message from Norman A. Gabel. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 6, pAGC-2
The article presents the author's message as the 2006 president of the New Mexico Building Branch of the Associated General Contractors. The partnership between the New Mexico Building Branch and the "New Mexico Business Journal" is highlighted. The recognition of 176 projects, which include...
- Dr. Sustainability. TAYLOR, TIMOTHY // Canadian Geographic;Jun2012, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p60
The article offers information on the University of British Columbia's brand-new Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability (CIRS) on the school's point grey campus. The structure is being touted as "the greenest building in the world." Almost every interior space is bathed in natural...
- AN OFF-GRID RETREAT. Muñoz-Baras, Hector // Solar Today;Jul/Aug2012, p44
The author offers information on a recent off-grid house project in upstate New York that he undertook. He says that when the clients approached them to design a weekend getaway/future retirement home, they had two priorities: being more than 2.4 kilometers from the utility grid and the energy...
- USGBC Announces LEED for Existing Buildings. // Energy User News;Dec2004, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the release of the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design for Existing Building (LEED-EB) from the U.S. Green Building Council in December 2004. Purpose of the LEED-EB rating system; Number of buildings that are registered in the pioneer program; Details of certified LEED-EB...
- WILL NEIGHBOURS MAKE GOOD NABERS? Chunn, Jeremy // EcoGeneration;Dec2016, Issue 97, p55
The article discusses a plan to apply the National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) to apartment buildings, with the aim of encouraging sustainability upgrades and reducing electricity bills.
- CODES & STANDARDS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Nov2012, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p12
The article offers information on American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning codes and standards for public review. These include "Standard for the Design of High-Performance, Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings" open until November 18, 2012, "Energy...