For An Industry That Never Really Boomed, Hopes That The Bust Won't Be So Bad
- Brokerage margin account helps prevent big tax bill. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p13
Points out the advantages of investing in a brokerage margin account. Inexpensive source of cash for any expense; Borrowing against the value of holdings instead of selling them; Postponement of taxes while leaving the portfolio undisturbed to take advantage of nay future gains; Comparison with...
- The right way to borrow against your investments. Duffy, Maureen Nevin // Money;May95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p55
Advises on margin accounts. Interest rates on margin accounts; Borrowing limit; Leverage recommendation.
- The margin account: An overlooked borrowing strategy. Jay, Alan V. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/5/96, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on the use of borrowing on margin to increase financial returns. Combination of personal investments and loans; Potential benefits of margin.
- Don't borrow a penny from your broker until you read this. Simon, Ruth // Money;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p74
Focuses on the fluctuation of margin rates charged by various brokerages. Base lending rate; Findings of `Money' magazine's August 1995 survey of margin account interest rates.
- Benefits of borrowing on margin. Brennan, William G. // FW;10/12/93, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p92
Discusses margin account loans as an important alternative to refinance existing debts bearing high interest rates. Low-cost source of financing; Loan size depends on accounts and securities; Principal impediments; Tax deductibility; Features to avoid.
- Book `em: A look at consumer demand for books. Niemira, Michael P. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the increase in reading time of almost all age groups in the United States that may increase book sales. Retail bookstore sales during the first quarter of 1998; Role of the Internet in the demand for books.
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the performance of the book industry in the United States for 1990. Publishers' revenues for the first nine months of 1995; Book purchasing patterns of the United States consumer; Total sales by the industry; Producer price index for books in the United States; Statistics on exports...
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p89
Assesses the book publishing industry in the United States. Increase in revenue for the first three months of 1990; Surge in demand for books and personal consumption expenditures; Data on purchases, sales, production and hours worked in employment and earnings; Growth in exports and imports of...
- U.S. book returns, 1984-1989. Greco, Albert N. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p46
Studies the book return phenomenon that affected the United States book industry for the year 1984 to 1989. Statistics about the US book industry; Causes of the increase in book returns; Suggestions to reduce book returns.