For An Industry That Never Really Boomed, Hopes That The Bust Won't Be So Bad
- Brokerage margin account helps prevent big tax bill. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p13
Points out the advantages of investing in a brokerage margin account. Inexpensive source of cash for any expense; Borrowing against the value of holdings instead of selling them; Postponement of taxes while leaving the portfolio undisturbed to take advantage of nay future gains; Comparison with...
- The right way to borrow against your investments. Duffy, Maureen Nevin // Money;May95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p55
Advises on margin accounts. Interest rates on margin accounts; Borrowing limit; Leverage recommendation.
- The margin account: An overlooked borrowing strategy. Jay, Alan V. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/5/96, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on the use of borrowing on margin to increase financial returns. Combination of personal investments and loans; Potential benefits of margin.
- Don't borrow a penny from your broker until you read this. Simon, Ruth // Money;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p74
Focuses on the fluctuation of margin rates charged by various brokerages. Base lending rate; Findings of `Money' magazine's August 1995 survey of margin account interest rates.
- Benefits of borrowing on margin. Brennan, William G. // FW;10/12/93, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p92
Discusses margin account loans as an important alternative to refinance existing debts bearing high interest rates. Low-cost source of financing; Loan size depends on accounts and securities; Principal impediments; Tax deductibility; Features to avoid.
- Are you paying too much for your margin loan? Burg, Brad // Medical Economics;11/27/95, Vol. 72 Issue 22, p15
Emphasizes the need for comparison of interest rates when getting loans from brokers in the United States. Basis for the interest; Rates for different brokerage companies; Negotiability of rates.
- Wise words. Mack, Gracian // Black Enterprise;Apr95, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p47
Reveals that Pierre Dunagan, broker, Dean Witter Reynolds in Matteson, Illinois, says that if you are a high net worth investor with a lot of money to take huge risks, then investing on the margin may be right for you. What a margin account will allow you to do; What the cautions are.
- Questions and Answers. Gray, Michael // Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight;Feb2012, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on deducting interest paid for a margin account.
- Softline Profits Up. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p16
Reports the percentage increase in the revenue of Softline. Increase in operating margins; Contribution to the operating profit by operations in the United States, Canada and Australia.