Implementing STL in the Elementary Classroom
- Networking paying off. // Media & Methods;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p7
Assesses the performance of the Computer-Assisted Instruction Center established by the Michigan Community School District in several elementary schools. Increase in student achievement.
- Peakview Elementary uses technology in a `total school' environment. // T H E Journal;Jun94, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p62
Features the educational technology program at Peakview Elementary in Aurora, Colorado. Elimination of textbooks; Interactive format coverage of school subjects; Division of K-5 students; Utilization of videodisc players from Pioneer New Media Technologies.
- Schools: iPads Are a Popular Teaching Tool. Ross, Jim // State Journal (WV);1/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p13
The article focuses on the use of decoy learning tools such as ipads and similar devices as a natural evolution of a classroom technology, which is adapted in Davis Creek Elementary School in Huntington, West Virginia.
- Teachers' Perceptions of the Dimensions and Implementation of Technology Leadership of Principals in Taiwanese Elementary Schools. I-Hua Chang; Chin, Joseph M.; Hsu, Cheng-Mei // Journal of Educational Technology & Society;Oct2008, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p229
Principals' technology leadership is strongly correlated with teachers' integration of educational technology, and technology leadership is necessary for effective utilization of technology in schooling. The article describes a study that empirically investigated teachers' perceptions of...
- It's in the cards. // Curriculum Administrator;Nov99 Part II of II, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the use of Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Sun Ray 1 educational appliances in Carrollton City Elementary School and other schools at the Georgia school district. Sun Ray 1 as a box that transmit images to a screen; Chip-embedded smart cards that serve as student IDs; Retention of previously...
- Videodisc players make a difference in urban elementary school. // T H E Journal;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p57
Features the use of videodisc players as an educational tool at Edison Elementary School in Anaheim, California. Grant awarded by the state to the school to purchase LaserDisc videodisc players from Pioneer New Media Technologies.
- Put computers into elementary classrooms--not labs! Whitehead, Bruce M.; Cain, Kay Clayton // Education Digest;Dec94, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the positive impact of installing a computer network at Hellgate Elementary School in Missoula, Montana. Development of a classroom computer network model; Installation of personal computers in each classroom; Improved communications among members of the faculty; Advice for other...
- Wouldn't it be wonderful...if all schools were like this! Raymond, Allen // Teaching Pre K-8;Aug/Sep93, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p44
Features the Langford Elementary School in Austin, Texas. The Austin Independent School District's acceptance of the concept of `community-centered schools'; Technology programs in the community-centered schools; List of programs offered for children and families at Langford Elementary School;...
- Using Instructional Technology in Transformed Learning Environments: An Evaluation of Project CHILD. Butzin, Sarah M. // Journal of Research on Computing in Education;Summer2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p367
This study compared standardized test scores in reading and mathematics for second- and fifth-grade students from two similar technology-rich elementary schools in Miami. Dade County, Florida. One school implemented Project CHILD (Computers Helping Instruction and Learning Development) as its...