Mass Murder in Soquel
- The Environmentalist. // Time;12/13/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p28
The article reports on the court proceedings of the trial of murder convict John L. Frazier. It states that Frazier has been convicted for murdering the family of doctor Victor Ohta of Santa Cruz, California and his secretary. It discusses the question of the defendant's sanity raised by the...
- The South Korean Massacre at Taejon: New Evidence on US Responsibility and Coverup. Cumings, Bruce // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;7/30/2008, Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the massacre of political prisoners in the city of Taejon, South Korea. In July 1950, police authorities removed political prisoners from local jails, men and boys along with some women, massacred them, threw them into open pits and dumped the earth back on them. American...
- Capitol Hill Mass Murder Case. James Alan Fox; Ann W. Burgess; Jack Levin; Marleen Wong; Allen G. Burgess // Brief Treatment & Crisis Intervention;May2007, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p127
In the early morning of March 25, 2006, 28-year-old Kyle Huff shot eight young men and women, six of them fatally, at a rave after-party on East Republican Street in the Capitol Hill section of Seattle. The gunman, a transplant from Montana, then committed suicide just as the police arrived on...
- Canada joins chorus for massacre justice. // Filipino Post;12/1/2011, p11
The article focuses on the call of Canada for the Philippines government to ensure a timely and credible process to bring the people responsible for Maguindanao mass massacre to justice.
- Texas murders not record. // Advocate;10/10/73, Issue 122, p8
Reports that Herman Webster Mudgett has been the Guiness Book of World Records' most profile mass murderer in the U.S. Estimated number of murders committed by Mudgett; Death of Mudgett.
- Port Arthur: The healing. Richardson, Nick // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/19/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6047, p22
Explores how Tasmania is coping in November 1996, six months after the mass murder of 35 people in Port Arthur. Confessed murderer Martin Bryant's scheduled November court appearance for the fatal shootings; The two levels on which the Tasmanians are coping; The psychological and economic...
- Death in Dunblane. Pedersen, Daniel; Gibb, Robina // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/26/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6015, p56
Presents information on one of the worst mass murders in modern British history. Where the murders occurred; Fatalities; Effect on relatives; Survivors; Role played by Thomas Hamilton in the murders; Comments; Funerals of the slain.
- Religious hostilities in Nigeria lead to mass sectarian killings. // Pipe Dream;3/9/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the mass sectarian killings in Nigeria.
- After the tone. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;11/21/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 21, p6
Comments on a report by Northeastern University criminologists Jack Levin and James Fox. They profile multiple murderers as isolated, middle-aged men, who are frustrated by red tape and automation and take out their rage at offices where they receive bad service. Why the trend is expected to grow.