Life Under the Gun
- Patient Partners. Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p2
Relates experiences of the U.S. Air Force working with Japanese counterparts in Misawa Airbase, Japan. Adjustments in Asian and Western cultures in the Misawa base, Japan; Japan's strategic position in the Pacific region; U.S. presence and mission in Misawa. INSET: Misawa anchors Japan's defense.
- the POWER of FREEDOM. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the U.S. Air Force's joint coalition forces for the second time in 12 years to defeat the regime of Iraq president Saddam Hussein. Operations of the U.S. airmen out of Baghdad International Airport and other in-theater locations to support coalition operations and rebuild Iraq; Aid...
- Building a better Afghan army. Diaz, Carlos // Airman;Summer2007, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p25
The article reports on the role of U.S. Air Force mentors on efforts to build and train the Afghan National Army. Airmen mentors have to deal with dangers everyday as they try to help the country fend for itself. According to Senior Master Sgt. Alfred Marasse, his daily precarious commute...
- Frontline Duty. // Airman;Summer2007, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p44
The article focuses on the responsibilities of U.S. Airmen on the continuity of coalition efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Airmen serving on the frontline have no time for the politics of war. According to Tech. Sgt. Jeff Yeargan of the 332nd Expedition Logistics Readiness Squadron Airmen, their...
- Building Global Partnerships 112 Gripes about the French Revisited. Drape, Col Jim // Air & Space Power Journal;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p50
The article provides a different perspectives to rethink stereotypes, with hopes to complement the various efforts of the U.S. Air Force to build an enduring partnership with France. It notes that the U.S. Airmen should commence examining their own stereotypes through the lens of history and...
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.