Sustainability in Strategic Management Education: The Quest for New Root Metaphors
- Lessons from Creating a Learning Organization. Simon, Fredrick; Rugchart, Ketsara // Reflections;Spring2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p14
Presents information on a case on the transformation of a major oil and gas exploration and production company in Thailand, to a learning organization. Ways in which organizational learning (OL) can facilitate knowledge management; Effects of cultural differences; Creation of a learning...
- Reinventing Strategy. Pietersen, Willie // Reinventing Strategy - Business Book Summaries;2004, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
According to Pietersen, todayï¿½s new leadership challenge is a journey of discovery in which management, particularly in large, established firms, must learn to ï¿½ think out of the boxï¿½ and ï¿½ move out of their comfort zones,ï¿½ in order to create and lead adaptive...
- Proposta de um modelo de aprendizagem organizacional sustentado pela inovaÃ§Ã£o. Nehme, Claudio Chauke; Ribeiro, Daniele Lucena // Parcerias EstratÃ©gicas;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p251
This paper was inspired in the following professional and scientific question: "how could be developed a learning organization process, in a really sustainable way, for a knowledge institution?" It is presented a specific methodology approach for strategic innovation management, which deals with...
- The Learning Organization and Strategic Change. Rowden, Robert W. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer2001, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the strategic changes in the learning organization. Characteristics of learning organization; Versions of strategic planning; Ways of enhancing readiness in organizations.
- Strategy and Learning. De Geus, Arie // Reflections;Aug99, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p75
Reprints the article 'Strategy and Learning,' by Arie de Geus, published in 1996, which deals with strategic planning and organizational learning issues.
- The Effects of Chinese Learning on the Efficiency of Organizational Strategies: An Analysis. Schiller, Stefan // International Journal of Management;Sep2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p369
Examines the effects of learning on the efficiency of organizational strategies in China. Correlation between Japanese management and organizational learning; Evaluation on management systems; Impact of learning on organizational performance.
- Getting It Right: How to Learn From the past. Phillips, Jack // Chief Learning Officer;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p58
The article discusses the effectiveness of learning and development centers so with the programs to the present growth in business. According to the author, learning is not always a solution to the problem. Learners should apply the skills they have in training to their actual job. One factor of...
- A practice-based perspective on strategic change. Kappler, Florian // University of St. Gallen, Business Dissertations;2007, preceding p1
This dissertation aims to contribute to strategic change research by adopting a practice-based perspective. While strategic change processes on the organizational level have received significant attention in previous research, a practice-based perspective on change has not been sufficiently...
- The Strategic Leadership Imperative for Executive Development. Vicere, Albert A. // Human Resource Planning;1992, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p15
The article discusses the concept of strategic leadership as a driver for a business organization's executive development efforts. In a time of reorganization, revolution, and change, strategic leadership is essential to the competitiveness and development of an organization. The imperative for...