The 'Wavli' Programme
- State Plans to Relocate Tribals. // India -- West;1/20/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 9, pA44
The article reports on the plan of the state government in Karnataka, India to relocate a total of 142 tribal families in 2012.
- Impact Of Gender Bias On Health And Nutrition Of The Tribal Women In Relation To Dynamics Of Development In India. Balgir, R. S. // Internet Journal of Biological Anthropology;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p9
Tribal communities in India are economically and socially backward and mostly live in forests and hilly terrains isolated from the other elite communities. They have their own way of living and different socio-cultural and eco-geographical settings. Lack of proper education and health...
- INCIDENCE OF EARLY PREGNANCY AND SELF REPORTED GYNECOLOGICAL SYMPTOMS AMONG TRIBAL COMMUNITY IN INDIA. RAVISHANKAR, A. K. // Journal of Family Welfare;Jun2012, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p34
The article presents a study which examines the self reported gynecological symptoms and incidence of early pregnancy among tribal populations in India. The study involved the collection of data from National Family Health Survey-III5 from 2005-065 to analyze the association between...
- Biological battle. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Dec98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p9
Reports on a tribal group's claim that the Tropical Botanical Garden and Research Institute in Kerala, India is cheating them out of profits made from the industrial production of a herbal tonic made largely from a plant called Arogyappacha.
- Health status of the elderly population among four primitive tribes of Orissa, India: A clinico-epidemiological study. Kerketta, Anna S.; Bulliyya, Gandham; Babu, Bontha V.; Mohapatra, Surendra S. S.; Nayak, Rabi N. // Zeitschrift f�r Gerontologie und Geriatrie;Feb2009, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p53
Primitive tribal groups (PTGs) are the most marginalised and vulnerable communities in India. Clinico-epidemiological studies on morbidity patterns among the elderly primitive tribe members are essential to recommend special intervention programmes to improve the health of the elderly in these...
- Tribal gatherings on the Northeast frontier. Harris, Paul // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct97, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on tribal groups in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh on the northeast frontier. Retention of traditional tribal elements due to isolation; Includes the Wancho, Naga, Apatani, Nishi, Hill Miri and Tagin tribes; Government plans to open up the area; Search for cultural identity;...
- Tribal Uprisings. Roy, Aruunhati // Canadian Dimension;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p36
The article offers information on the uprising of the tribal struggle in India, comparing the historical uprisings of the Oraon, the Kols and the Santhals against the British and landlords and present Naxalite movements.
- Squatters on Their Own Land. Roy, Aruunhati // Canadian Dimension;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p36
The article offers information on the status of Indian tribes in the Indian Constitution which took away their lands in exchange of right to vote, displacing several tribal people.
- Asia's largest tribal fair. // South Asian Post;2/4/2010, p17
The article reports on the largest tribal fair which will gather in Andhra Pradesh's Warangal district for the event Sammakka Saralamma Jatara in India.