Professional Learning Communities Allow a Transformational Culture to Take Root
- Seeing the Light-Together. MINK, PAMELA L. // Education Digest;Sep2014, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p19
A reprint of an article from the April 2014 issue of the periodical "Virginia Journal of Education" is presented which examines how a professional learning community (PLC) can benefit educators. Drawing on her experience as a teacher at Meadowview Elementary School in Virginia, the author...
- 3 Principles for Authentic PLCs. Killion, Joellen // Education Week;2/18/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 21, Special section p7
An opinion piece is presented in which the author discusses the use of professional learning communities (PLC) as a means of teacher collaboration.
- Professional Learning Networks Taking Off. FLANIGAN, ROBIN L. // Education Digest;Mar2012, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p42
The article presents a discussion of the sharing of lesson plans and strategies by teachers through professional learning networks (PLNs), adapted from an article by Robin L. Flanigan in the October 26, 2011 issue of the periodical "Education Week."
- PLCs Demystified. Doerr, Hanna // Principal;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p26
The article describes the benefits for teachers and administrators in establishing professional learning communities (PLCs) in schools as a means to maximize student achievement. The concept of PLCs is explained, and several strategies and practices for effective cooperation and learning...
- PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN ENERGIZE LEARNING COMMUNITIES. Easton, Lois Brown // Journal of Staff Development;Aug2012, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p49
The article discusses several principles and tips on how to maintain and create effective communities of professional learners. It mentions that effective professional learning communities emerge from having a sense of passion and purpose from the inside environment rather than originating from...
- Leadership Practices for Interfaith Excellence in Higher Education. PATEL, EBOO; BAXTER, KATIE BRINGMAN; SILVERMAN, NOAH // Liberal Education;Winter/Spring2015, Vol. 101 Issue 1/2, p48
The author discusses the leadership practices in higher education for interfaith excellence. Topics discussed include importance of interfaith engagement for ensuring that American colleges and universities deliver the liberal education goals, aim of the Liberal Education and America's Promise...
- Polarity Management: A Functional Way to Handle Your Team's Dysfunction. Rosati Peterson, Gloria // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Jan-Mar2017, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p24
Overcome your team's dysfunctions and stay focused on important work with these strategies of polarity mapping.
- A Call for Collaboration. Thompson, Linda // Journal of Music Teacher Education;Spring2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
In this article, the author comments on the need for greater collaboration within the Society for Music Teacher Education (SMTE). SMTE has recognized the ongoing need for greater collaboration, as evidenced by a central focus in the planning of the 2005 and 2007 Symposia on Music Teacher...
- Maximizing the Power of Formative Assessments. Stiggins, Rick; DuFour, Rick // Phi Delta Kappan;May2009, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p640
The article discusses how teacher cooperation can improve the effectiveness of formative assessments. The authors discuss the value of formative assessments in improving teaching methods and evaluating student learning and note how common assessments benefit professional learning communities....