Hotel sale prices plummet as recession batters market
- DOWN AND OUT. // Hotelier;Jun2010, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on the "2010 Canadian Hotel Investment Report" from Colliers International Hotels which describes the negative impact of the global recession and the credit market crisis on the hotel investment sector.
- Belfast Or BUST? Wynne-Jones, Stephen // Hospitality Ireland;Aug/Sep2009, Issue 61, p20
The article discusses how the hotel industry in Belfast, Northern Ireland is addressing the challenges brought by the economic recession. It notes that Fitzwilliam Hotel's personalized service is an incentive to attract customers and The Merchant's expansion program. Belfast's revenue per...
- A 10-year assessment of condo-hotel values. Niermann, Jonas // Hotel & Motel Management;6/1/2010, Vol. 225 Issue 6, p8
The author comments on the impact of economic crisis on condominiums and hotels in the U.S.
- 700 new rooms this year add to the woes of Tucson's hotel industry. Pangburn, Joe // Inside Tucson Business;6/22/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the condition of business operations of the hotel industry in Tucson, Arizona. It mentions the doubling of $1 nightly surcharge, along with the 8.1% sales tax for the visitors who preferred overnight stays in the city. However, the city government has implemented bed tax...
- Recession hits Continental room rates harder than UK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/15/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4610, p7
The article reports on the impact of the global recession on hotel room rates in Europe in January 2010 and 2009.
- 'Like a business militia' Duggan, Daniel // Crain's Detroit Business;6/8/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p11
The article reports that hotel executives in the Detroit, Michigan area have been forming hotel committees and associations in Southeast Michigan communities to counter the ongoing global recession. The city of Detroit formed such a committee six months ago, while Sterling Heights will hold its...
- Consulting Firm Says Istanbul Hotels Weathered Crisis Better. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;8/16/2010, p10
Brief statistics are given which show that hotels in Istanbul, Turkey were more resilient to the global financial crisis of 2008-2009 than hotels in Europe.
- Luxury Hotels Are Likely To Be The First To Reverse Room-rate Slide. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p2
The article reports on the impact of the economic downturn which affect luxury hotels with high rates to meet high-end amenities including butler service and poolside cabanas.
- How distress burns property-level employees. Freed, Jason Q. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/9/2009, Vol. 224 Issue 13, p1
No abstract available.