Ethical Analysis of Withdrawing Ventricular Assist Device Support
- Accuracy of a heart failure diagnosis in administrative registers. Kumler, T.; Gislason, G.; Kirk, V.; Bay, M.; Nielsen, O.W.; Kober, L.; Torp-Pedersen, C. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p155
An abstract of the article "Accuracy of a heart failure diagnosis in administrative registers," by T. Kumler and colleagues is presented.
- STUDY: ADVANCED EHRs DON'T BOOST QUALITY. // Medical Economics;1/25/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses a study which investigates the role of basic electronic health records (EHRs) to enhance the quality of care for patients with heart failure in the U.S.
- The epidemiology of heart failure, based on data for 2.1 million inhabitants in Sweden. Zarrinkoub, Ramin; Wettermark, Björn; Wändell, Per; Mejhert, Märit; Szulkin, Robert; Ljunggren, Gunnar; Kahan, Thomas // European Journal of Heart Failure;Sep2013, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p995
Aims The epidemiology of congestive heart failure (CHF) is likely to have changed due to changes in demography, risk factors, diagnostic procedures, and medical care. Prevailing information is in part old, incomplete, and to some extent contradictory. We determined the current prevalence,...
- License to kill. // Commonweal;10/23/98, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p5
Editorial. Comments on physician-assisted suicide. Referendum in Michigan about the issue; Arguments against physician-assisted suicide; Campaign of the Citizens for Compassionate Care coalition against physician-assisted suicide.
- Dutch euthanasia overestimated. Hellema, Henk // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/13/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6781, p870
Focuses on the issues of euthanasia in Netherlands. Differences between euthanasia and assisted suicide; Consideration of the number of cases concerning the issues; Definition of euthanasia by the Dutch Royal Commission.
- Database. // U.S. News & World Report;10/25/93, Vol. 115 Issue 16, p10
Offers data on suicide and euthanasia in the United States. Percentage of Americans who approve of Dr. Jack Kevorkian's participation in assisted suicides; Number of states where assisted suicide is illegal; Number of Hemlock Society members in 1983 and in 1993; Number of living Americans who...
- Research claims that a third of 'mercy killers' commit suicide. // British Journal of Nursing;9/25/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p1003
Features the report on euthanasia 'Quality of Mercy,' by the Voluntary Euthanasia Society. Claims that 30 percent of mercy killers go on to commit suicide themselves.
- Symposium. Girsh, Faye; Marker, Rita L. // Insight on the News;03/08/99, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p24
Presents opposing views about legalizing physician-assisted suicide. Reason various polls from around the world show support for the legalization of assisted suicide; Misunderstanding on assisted suicide; Context to be considered about the concept of assisted suicide.
- ACE Inhibitors in Patients with Asymptomatic LV Dysfunction. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;3/15/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p1174
Focuses on a study by M. Kermani and associates that looked at the medical records of a series of hospitalized patients with objective findings of asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction but no evidence of current or prior congestive heart failure. Description of the study and its results;...