- Outback stakes claim in Westlake. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the construction of Outback Steakhouse Inc.'s restaurant in Westlake in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Outback's approach to success: More support, less bureaucracy. Van Warner, Rick // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p33
Editorial. Discusses several factors that contributed to Outback Steakhouse's success. Corporate structure; Management philosophy; Empowerment and decentralization principles.
- Outback's founders blaze new trails by rewriting the rules. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p51
Features Outback Steakhouse. Billboard slogan; Founders; Operating philosophy; Growth of the company.
- Building a better back-of-the-house: A design for efficiency and quality. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p60
Features Outback Steakhouse's kitchen operation. Don Lakey as kitchen manager; Design of the prototypical kitchen; Philosophy on raw products; Menu mainstays.
- Front-of-the-house staff strives to make the wait worthwhile. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p66
Features Outback Steakhouse's operating policy. Role of manager or managing partner; Limitation of servers to three or fewer tables; Number of host or hostesses working in the dining room.
- On the menu: Synchronized service. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p66
Relates Outback Steakhouse serving staff's experience with their work in the company. Relationship with customers.
- When it comes to real estate, `b' sites make Outback's `a' list. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p72
Discusses Outback Steakhouse's selection of steak-house sites. Preference for suburban areas; Search for `b' locations in populated areas; Focus on purchasing restaurant properties rather then leasing.
- Outback's operating partners: Key players on a winning team. Van Warner, Rick // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p74
Features Outback Steakhouse's joint-venture and franchise partners. Debbie Eybers; Kent Little; Hal Smith; Bruce Attinger; Dennis Hood.
- Upping the ante. Alva, Marilyn // Restaurant Business;5/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on steakhouse chain Outback Steakhouse's success under the management of owners Tim Gannon, Chris Sullivan and Bob Basham. Goals for the company; Efforts to market Carrabba's Italian Grill; Growth in Outback's revenues; Drawing power of Outback's $15 average check; Interest of Boston...