Muslims Donate Nearly $1 Billion to Pakistan
- Chapter 3: Alternative Conceptions of Civil Society A REFLECTIVE ISLAMIC APPROACH. Hanafi, Hasan // Islamic Political Ethics;2002, p56
Chapter 3 of the book "Islamic Political Ethics: Civil Society, Pluralism, and Conflict," by Hasan Hanafi, is presented. It explores the risks coming from the Muslim societies to civil society due to their conservatism which dominates the Muslim world. It notes that Muslim societies were...
- Community Town Hall at Islamic Center. Schwartz, Susan // Muslim Observer;6/3/2011, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p11
The article reports that the Islamic Center of Southern California (ICSC) has conducted a community town hall meeting which tackles on its role and the services that it offers to the area.
- Local Muslim organization giving away backpacks for school. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;8/23/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 34, p31
The article offers information on the Back to School Giveaway program of Islamic Circle North America (ICNA), wherein the ICNA will gave 5,000 backpacks as the school opening approaches.
- Howard County Muslims Mark 10th Year. // Islamic Horizons;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p22
The article announces the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Howard County Muslim Council in Maryland.
- SALAM Celebrates 25 Years of Building an American Islamic Center. Pasquini, Elaine // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;May2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p50
The article announces the 25th anniversary of the Sacramento Area League of Associated Muslims (SALAM) in February 2012.
- THE NUMBERS. // Third Sector;7/12/2011, Issue 668, p19
A list of numbers of relevance to the World Federation of Khoja Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim Communities is presented, which includes 6.25 million pounds (MP) as its income for 2010, 583 as the number of relief camps built in Pakistan after the 2010 disaster, and 1.19 MP as the value of endowed funds.
- American Moslems. // Time;7/13/1953, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p78
The article discusses the second annual convention of the International Moslem Society in Toledo, Ohio in July 1953.
- Baitul Hameed Mosque Hosts Leadership Training Course. // India -- West;11/27/2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, pB22
Information about the 9th Annual Leadership Conference conducted by Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Men's Youth Association at the Baitul Hameed Mosque ion Chino, California is presented in which leadership issues were discussed at the event.
- Muslims Call For Alternatives To Full-body Scans. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p3
The article reports on the call for an alternate security device instead the full-body scanners in airports by U.S. Muslim groups.