Weak Credit Growth Lowers Banking Profits
- Regional review: Vietnam. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Dec97, p17
Presents brief news updates from Vietnam. Reviving of the stalled process of economic reform; Percentage economic growth in 1997; First United States bank to open a full branch in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Private sector credit. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul94, p17
Reports on private sector credit from 1963 to 1993. Short-term business credit; Consumer credit; Business mortgages; Home mortgages; Sources of credit to households and the nonfinancial business sector; Mix of loans funded by banks.
- C&I Lending Increases in 6 Fed Districts. Paletta, Damian // American Banker;1/20/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 13, p4
Reports on an increase in commercial and industrial loan activity among half of the 12 districts in the United States Federal Reserve System. Speculation on the growth in the commercial and industrial market; How mortgage demand remained weak among many districts; Concerns about credit quality;...
- Slow Progress In Vietnam. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the amount pledged by donor countries to Vietnam in 2002 at a meeting chaired by the World Bank. Concerns on the banking sector in Vietnam; Information on the external penetration of the under-capitalized sector; Economic indicators in the country.
- 4 Financial markets and lending: 4.2 Credit conditions in the financial intermediary system. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);
The article presents an overview of credit conditions in the financial intermediary system in Hungary as of March 2013. It states that credit conditions improved in both the corporate and household segments between October 2012 and January 2013. It mentions the improvement expected by banks in...
- Consumer Credit Up. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Sep2011, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p1
The article discusses the factors that affect the aggregated profitability measure of Mexico as of September 2011. Increase in loan-loss provisions, status of non-performing loans and risky loans to local businesses are some of the cited factors affecting commercial credit portfolios. Rise in...
- Fed: Consumer Lending Weakens. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;1/19/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p4
This article reports that commercial lending increased but consumer lending was flat or fell in several Federal Reserve Bank districts, according to a central bank report released Wednesday. The Federal Reserve Board's Beige Book, which surveyed conditions in the 12 districts for the last six...
- THE BIG CREDIT UNION CRUNCH. Wiener, Leonard // U.S. News & World Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p56
Reports on the credit union industry. Complaints from critics that credit unions' push into commercial loans and other financial services warp their historic mission of facilitating small personal loans and savings among a limited group of affiliated members; The need of credit unions to expand...
- THE INFLUENCE OF THE ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE OVER A PERSON'S DECISION TO CONTRACT A LOAN. Munteanu, Irena; Popovici, Norina; Niţu, Oana // International Conference on Economics & Administration Proceedin;Nov2009, p554
The annual percentage rate is an instrument introduced by the National Bank of Romania in order to help the population in their decision over acquiring a loan and in order to increase the transparency of the banking system. The annual percentage rate theoretically represents the total cost of...