Grande Paroisse May Issue Shares to Cover Toulouse Damages
- Hard questions follow on the heels of Toulouse blast. Nathan, Stuart // Process Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the aftermath of the massive explosion at Grande Paroisse's ammonium nitrate plant in Toulouse, France on September 21, 2001 and its implications. Possible causes of the explosion; Number of casualties; Actions taken by the Grande Paroisse board.
- Toulouse Accident Raises Questions Of Chemical Sites Near Urban Centers. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/22/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the concerns raised by the explosion of a fertilizer plant owned by Grande Paroisse in in Toulouse, France in September 2001. Number of casualties in the explosion; Effect of the explosion in the chemical industry in France; Views of the Chemical Industries Association on the...
- Chemical reaction. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;9/3/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 8, p26
The article presents information on various disasters in chemical industries. On September 21, 2001, a 300-tonne stockpile of ammonium nitrate exploded at Atofina Chemical Inc.'s Grande Paroisse SA fertilizer plant, destroying the site and reducing buildings in the city center 3 km away to...
- A Case Study in Shaken Confidence. Scott, Ales // Chemical Week;11/21/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 43/44, p26
Deals with issues surrounding the explosion at Atofina Grande Paroisse fertilizer complex in Toulouse, France. Deaths resulting from the incident; Impact on public confidence in the chemical industry; Reaction of government officials to the accident.
- Appeal lodged as charges dropped. // European Chemical News;9/15/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2068, p8
Reports the appeal of a local public prosecutor against the dropping of charges against nine company employees implicated in the fatal explosion at Grande Paroisse's AZF fertilizer plant in Toulousse, southwest France in 2003. Reason of the court for dropping the charges; Casualties of the...
- Atofina Gains ENI Stake in Qapco. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/23/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 10, p6
Reports that Atofina, the chemicals branch of TotalFinaElf, has strengthened its position in Qatar's petrochemicals sector by purchasing ENI's holding in the joint venture Qatar Petrochemical Co. (Qapco). Increase in Atofina's shareholding in Qapco; TotalFinaElf's participation in Qatar's gas...
- Toulouse blast losses to top $700 million. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;10/1/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p15
Reports the financial loss of the AZF chemical plant of TotalFinaElf in Toulouse, France. Extent of the damage from the plant explosion; Inclusion of claims for liability and property damage in the estimate losses; Investigation on the cause of the incident.
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 11, p3
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 24, 2001. Explosion in the plant of TotalFinaElf near Toulouse, France; Forecasted third quarter profits of Rohm and Haas Co.; Increase in the zinc sulfate monohydrate production of Big River Zinc Corp.
- TotalFinaElf Blast Impacts SNPE Plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p2
Reports that production at Societe Nationale des Poudres et Explosifs' fine chemical units in Toulouse, France, has been halted following explosion at TotalFinaElf SA's nearby AZF fertilizer plant in September 2001.