Feasibility Analysis of a Dairy Farm
- Partner Farms in multidisciplinary research: The continuing evolution of a research and development methodology. O'Kane, M.; Nettle, R. // Extension Farming Systems Journal;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p19
Large-scale research projects in dairy farming systems have developed partnerships with commercial farms .to improve the reach of R&D outcomes on-farm. Such arrangements were conceived by industry research bodies as essential for understanding the commercial feasibility and management complexity...
- Dane County, Wisconsin COMMUNITY DIGESTER PROJECT ADVANCES. // BioCycle;Nov2009, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the advancement of the two feasibility studies on the impact of dairy manure runoff at the lakes in Dane County, Wisconsin. It notes several goals of the first feasibility study including the maintenance of the county's dairy farms, water quality protection, and economic...
- VIABILITY OF COMMERCIAL DAIRY FARMING IN HARYANA. Sahu, Nirish Chandra; Gupta, Jancy; Singh, A. K.; Chaudhari, B. K. // Journal of Dairying Foods & Home Sciences;2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p216
A study to assess the viability of commercial dairy farming was conducted in Haryana state during the year 2009-2010. The sample dairy farms were categorized on the basis of milch herds. Proportion of investment on milch animals was found highest in large commercial dairy farms whereas...
- PROCEDURES TO CHOOSE OPTIMAL ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS FOR DAIRY FARMS. Khazanov, Evgeny E.; Khazanov, Victor E. // Engineering for Rural Development - International Scientific Con;2010, p339
The paper describes two methods to choose the most feasible engineering and space-planning solutions when reconstructing old dairy farms and building new ones.
- The Great School Milk Conspiracies of the 1980s. Lanzillotti, Robert F. // Review of Industrial Organization;Aug1996, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p413
Various dairy companies' allocation of school milk contracts using signalling, sham bids to honor incumbency and other devices are examined to determine whether bidding was collusive or pure oligopolistic interdependent behavior following noncooperative game theory. The schemes used to allocate...
- Cumbrian dairy plant study starts. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;2/20/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 8, p11
Reports on a feasibility study being conducted by Rural Regeneration Cumbria in Cumbria, England that could lead to a major milk-processing plant in the country. Importance of the feasibility study to dairy farming; Impact of the possible closures of two dairy plants on Cumbrian farmers;...
- ECONOMICS OF DAIRY DIGESTERS IN WASHINGTON STATE. Kennedy, Nicholas // BioCycle;Nov2013, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p36
The article focuses on the feasibility study funded by the Washington State Department of Commerce to provide access to better understanding of barriers leading to installation of only one anaerobic digestor (AD) in the Central region of Washington, D.C. which processes dairy farms waste. The...
- Reducing energy on dairy farms. Petersen, Dana // Wallaces Farmer;Jun2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p31
The article focuses on reducing the use of energy in the dairy farms.
- Your most important job? Safety. Jones, Tammy // Farm & Dairy;8/21/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 48, pA28
The article presents safety tips for workers working at dairy farms.