Effects of Violent Crimes on Residential Property Values
- Don't let real estate holdings go underinsured in zeal to cut costs. Rizzi, Rachael // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, pP20
The author offers advice on how to calculate the correct value of insurance of real estate holdings.
- Counties establish new valuations for property. Salisbury, David W. // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the establishment of new valuations for real property by county auditors in Northeast Ohio counties. Reflection of fair market value; Legal issues in valuation complaints.
- Market's past the bottom, but still has a way to go. Veverka, Mark // Crain's Chicago Business;7/4/94, Vol. 17 Issue 27, Market Facts pF44
Presents statistics of Illinois's real estate development as of July 4, 1994. Median price of a single-family home; Vacancy and rental rate of Chicago office spaces; Vacancy and rental rate of suburban office spaces; Value of home building permits; Office space absorption worldwide as of 1993;...
- Real estate. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/4/94, Vol. 17 Issue 27, Market Facts pF46
Presents real estate statistics in Illinois as of July 4, 1994. Comparison of the 1993 and 1992 value of building permits by suburb for all types of buildings.
- Get apprised of appraisals. Adler, Jane // Crain's Chicago Business;2/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, pF4
Focuses on the valuation of real estate. Definition of appraisals; Description of the standards used in an appraisal of a building; Matching appraisals to property sales; Costs of appraisals.
- Real estate appraisals slightly on the rise. Prezioso, Jeanine // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the increase in the number of real estate appraisals in the U.S. since 2001. Demand for valuation services; Factors contributing to the increase in real estate appraisals.
- Buyer beware. Haselkorn, David L. // Mortgage Banking;Feb94, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p72
Features a fictional story on the consequences of purchasing distressed real estate in bulk. Risks of whole pool pricing.
- Property value. // Real Estate Issues;Spring98, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
Presents an index of a research article dealing with property value entitled `Crime and Property Values.'
- Legislators endorse revaluation. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the Westchester County Board of Legislators' endorsement of a bill that would mandate the revaluation of real property in the county. Key features of the legislation.