- Human resources departments face challenges. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 43, p17
Focuses on the challenges facing human resources (HR) departments. Importance of leadership in the sector; Role of HR in adjusting to a labor shortage as baby boomers retire; HR functions that are being outsourced.
- Could outsourcing make HR departments even less efficient? // MarketWatch: Technology;September 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p8
Discusses outsourcing as an opportunity to restructure the responsibilities of a company's human resources (HR) department. Rise in importance of the HR department within the company structure; Vendors' encouragement of the total value concept, or for companies to push more and more important...
- Helping HR get its mojo back. LAMB, JOHN // Employee Benefit Adviser;Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p66
The article discusses the importance of benefits administration outsourcing for the human resource (HR) department. A study released by Aberdeen Group shows that automation of existing HR processes and empowerment of employees to be more self-sufficient are the two leading benefits management...
- In-House HR Departments Join the Dinosaurs. // Orange County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, pA-37
Reports on the practice of outsourcing human resource management (HRM) functions by companies in the U.S. as of June 2002. Views on HRM departments; Benefits of outsourcing HRM functions; Suggestions.
- HAVE COUNCIL CHANGES ERODED HR'S ROLE AS EMPLOYEE CHAMPION? Harris, Lynette // People Management;10/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p72
The article focuses on a research which examines the changes in the role of human resources (HR) conducted by professor Lynette Harris. Many council HR functions are facing reduced resources, outsourcing of some services and an increased devolvement of day-to-day HR responsibilities to line...
- A lofty ideal. Hansen, Fay // Workforce Management;3/17/2008, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p31
The article presents information on large market human resource outsourcing (HRO). Large-market multi-process HRO is now 10 years old, but the number of vendors serving companies with more than 15,000 employees is limited. Five vendors control 76 percent of the market and 10 bold 92 percent,...
- The Changing Face of Outsourcing and the HR Function. Bevitt, Ann; Maughan, Alistair // Venulex Legal Summaries;2010 Q3, Special section p1
The article discusses the likely human resources (HR) implications of changes in the structure of the outsourcing market. It presents ways to make the HR function become a contributor solutions, not obstacles, to the operation of outsourcing projects. The article considers keeping up with the...
- How to make a restructuring go smoothly. // People Management;Nov2015, p58
The article offers advice for human resources (HR) professionals involved in organizational restructuring processes. According to the authors, a successful restructuring process must be aligned with business strategy and must include HR professionals from the very beginning. Details on the use...
- HR Managers Should you hire or outsource? Corcoran, Catherine // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2005, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p62
Discusses factors to consider when hiring or outsourcing human resources (HR) managers in Ireland. Definition of the role of HR manager; HR services to be delivered; Areas of responsibility within the HR function; Comparison between hiring HR manager and outsourcing all part of the HR function.