All The Right Moves
- Lessons from HR overseas. Caudron, Shari // Personnel Journal;Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p88
Discusses the human resource (HR) management strategies of companies in foreign countries. Search for ways to involve the work force; Worker input as mandated in Germany; Participative management style of Japanese countries; Continuous learning process. INSET: Can you imagine? (human resources...
- Trends. // Westchester County Business Journal;03/08/99, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p11
Presents the findings of a survey by Relocation Journal on employee relocation trends among business enterprises.
- Well no, they won't go! // CA Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p11
Discusses findings on employee relocation. Reasons behind employee resistance; Types of employees most likely to decline relocation offers; Implications to personnel management.
- Transferring Employees Smoothly Takes Time. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // HR Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p113
Focuses on the factors to consider when relocating employees. Information on the average relocation costs; List of common problems in transferring locations; Percentage of employees transferring domestically; Details on how to streamline the relocation process while ensuring a smooth transition.
- Sidestep. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p7
Provides information on the status of relocated workers. Account on the promotion and demotion of relocated workers.
- The high cost and stress of relocation. Tavernier, Gerard // Management Review;Jul80, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the cost and stress of relocation. Reasons of the refusal of company transfers by employees; Revision of relocation policies of companies; Priorities of employees with a family. INSETS: Is This Move Really Necessary?;Danish Imagination.
- Transfers: More men following women. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;Dec1997, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p21
Assesses that since more men than women are following their spouses after a job transfer, men are in greater need of transplacement help. Views of John A. Challenger of Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc., about management of talented people in the workforce; Extension of transplacement services...
- Welcome back. Now go find a job. Kaplan, David // Crain's New York Business;05/22/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p30
Examines why expatriates have a tough time adjusting to being back in the United States when their overseas tour ends. Longing for culture and business practices in their host country; Outdated resume; Utilization of relocation services that companies use to help transferred employees settle...
- Searching For Relocation Rules. Gaskin, James E. // Inter@ctive Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p117
Focuses on the various procedures and policies of companies for the relocation of employees. Relocation package offered by New Era of Networks company; Management of relocation expenses at NetObjects company; Transportation service for employees at Novell company.