Internet Issues at Work
- From the desk of... Madsen, Jana Smith // Buildings;Sep2000, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p28
Provides information on the use of the Internet by facilities professionals. Advantages of using e-mail; How industry professionals save time in their business transactions; Significance of the Internet on the research activities of professionals. INSET: Things You Shouk Know.
- Our on-line society. Price, J. Clarke // Ohio CPA Journal;Jan-Mar98, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p4
Opinion. Presents information on Internet electronic mail (e-mail) in Ohio. What is e-mail; Advantages and disadvantages of e-mail; Details on the cost of e-mails; Views of an individual on e-mails.
- E-mail. Makulowich, John S. // Quill;Sep93, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p29
Highlights computer network Internet's E-mail system, the ability to send and receive messages. Growth of the system; Newsgroups of Usernet network; Mailing lists/discussions groups; Newsgroups focused on journalism; Application of E-mail; Contact information. INSETS: References for the...
- The Online Experience. Joyce, John // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the evolution of the World Wide Web. Innovative approach to Internet access; Storage and retrieval of Internet files; Features of Internet mail programs.
- Dead letters, e-mail style. // America's Network;7/1/94, Vol. 98 Issue 13, p12
Focuses on the limitations of electronic mailing through the Internet. Inability of the electronic mail recipient to respond; Efforts to integrate the medium into the White House. INSET: Cellular phones do the craziest things..
- Associations and the Internet. Bartlow, Gene S. // Association Management;Jun95, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p74
Discusses how associations can benefit from the use of electronic mail communication on the Internet. Description of the Internet; Details on how to access the Internet; Costs; Online services that provide Internet access; Types of institutions that use the Internet; Definition of an e-mail...
- Using Internet utilities through electronic mail. Washburn, David // Telecom Asia;Oct95, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p46
Presents ways on how to use Internet utilities through electronic mail. Access to search tools and retrieval of files; Script of commands.
- Unified messaging: It's all just email. Arnum, Eric // Business Communications Review;Nov98, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
Focuses on the transformation of the Internet electronic mail into a kind of all-purpose messaging. Attachment of voice and fax messages to email; Combination of voice mail, fax and email system; Use of gateway in universal messaging; Benefit for corporate use. INSET: The Compaq experience.
- E-mail: Today's killer app for Internet. Dern, Daniel P. // Communications News;Jun96, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p48
Argues that the electronic mail is the most important applications of the Internet in terms of its day-to-day value. Importance of the choice of E-mail client software; Major mail clients; Features to care about E-mail.